Austin, TX 78745
Join the Avanath team!
Avanath was established in 2007 and continues to be one of the most successful, fast-growing private companies in the affordable housing sector nationwide. Our mission is to provide hard-working families with high quality, well-maintained housing; the pursuit of the American Dream. Avanath has proven to make an impact not only in our residents’ lives but also in the communities we serve.
OVERVIEW If you are looking to make a difference and leave an impact in your next role, Avanath is where you can start. We are currently looking for a Community Manager to head up Canvas Apartments.
The Community Manager is directly responsible for all aspects of the resident community and services. S/he is responsible for supervision of all team members associated with the community and their standard of performance. S/he will manage the community to ensure efficient and profitable operation.
- Provides leadership at the property and maintain an effective position of authority.
- Assure that the environment of the property reflects the philosophy of the company and models the mission.
- Project a professional image in all aspects of work performance, which includes, but is not limited to personal habits, demeanor, and attire. Meets company standards on conduct, attendance, etc.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and help ensure effective communication with residents, community, agencies, owners and team members.
- Assign responsibilities to individual team members as appropriate.
- Able to respond to any team member concern, maintenance condition, resident problem, breach of security, and/or emergency.
- Completes and processes incident reports, forwards and follow-ups as appropriate.
- Adheres to OSHA related regulations and observes all required health and safety requirements.Reviews and evaluates all aspects of the property's operations and makes changes with approval of Regional Manager.
- Implements a system to achieve and maintain budgeted occupancy.
- Markets and leases new and turnover residential units.
- Reviews lease, responsibilities and policies with resident at move-in, escort them to new home, when possible.
- Enables and maintains financial solvency by monitoring all property and maintenance expenses.
- Implements a system to achieve 0% rent delinquency.
- Supervises and monitors adherence of all maintenance contracts.
- Implements system for providing all necessary services to residents, including the immediate acknowledgement and prompt action to correct complaints.
- Creates and supervises the schedules of all personnel to ensure maximum efficiency..
- Conducts periodic and regular inspection of grounds and building(s).
- Assesses and completes employee's performance appraisal at least once per year.
- Recognizes team members when performance has met or exceeded company expectations; manages poor performing team members with clear expectations.
- Challenges all team members to achieve higher levels of performance by establishing and communicating clear goals.
- Within budget, continuously oversees inventory of supplies and equipment in order to control expenditures, maintains and reconciles purchase orders and expenditures.
- Makes day-to-day decisions on all matters related to operations.
- Seeks approval and guidance of Regional Manager within specified parameters.
- Creates and/or schedules continuous activities and programs with and for community residents, including special events, newsletters and on-going instructional and recreational activities.
- Initiates and responds to all pertinent correspondence.
- Maintains a secured confidential file for each employee including emergency contact information, performance appraisals, reminders, schedules, application, etc.
- Provides information to residents on a variety of community related subjects.
- Refers residents as necessary to other appropriate services and agencies which might be able to offer assistance.
- With Regional Manager, prepares Property Annual Operating Budget.
- Prepares and reviews monthly operating statements for accuracy, budgets to actual variances and bottom line cash flow control.
- Produces reports and monthly financials in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Prepares and submits subsidy vouchers, where applicable.
- Four plus years of previous experience in property management required
- Two years experience with Affordable Housing/Tax credit required
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with residents and staff
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Yardi Voyager Property Management Software