Chicago, IL 60601
Working for Equity Residential (EQR), a leading multi-family real estate investment trust (REIT), means being part of a community and striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together. Our portfolio of high-quality properties in urban growth markets – New York City, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles – provides homes where people most want to live, work and play. We've got the best people in the business, and our experience shows in our dedication to our residents and in how much we value each other as colleagues. That’s why our employees say they are proud to work at Equity, a company that gives our residents a place where they can “Live Remarkably,” and offers a culture where our employees have the opportunity to make their mark.
We are currently seeking a Treasury Coordinator to join our team in our Chicago corporate office. As Treasury Coordinator you will perform a variety of activities to manage liquidity, banking relationships, investments and cash management. You will correspond and maintain relationships with outside financial institutions, various operating areas within the Equity Residential organization, and outside agencies to provide excellent service and solve problems as they arise. You will be responsible for various cash management functions, including processing wire transfers, ACH transfers, stop payments, check copy requests, and positive pay. In this role, you will also maintain the cash binders, cash files and G/L binders, and the opening of new accounts.
- Knowledgeable. You have a strong working understanding of payment systems, cash management and best in class control practices.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, demonstrating your ability to be articulate and understood.
- Detailed and Process-Oriented. You will improve and enforce control processes.
- Efficient and Effective. You handle pressure well and do so with confidence. And when a tight deadline comes up, you organize the tasks to be completed —including quality checks— and focus on how to re-prioritize your other tasks to meet the timeframe.
- A Team Player. You are known for serving as a resource and trusted business partner for internal groups. Participating in cross-functional projects is the type of work you love.
- Technologically Savvy. You have experience working with Treasury Management Systems, bank cash workstations and the latest trend in the evolving technology payment landscape.
- Passionate. Motivated. Eager to Learn. You ask smart questions and regularly seek to understand. You invest extra energy to reach your goals. And when a special project arises, you volunteer.
- Generate morning bank reports, review Quantum activity, and monitor the cash position for various accounts throughout the day. Print end of day reports to finalize the day’s cash position in Quantum.
- Save the day’s reports to Google drive once reviewed and approved by the DT, Senior Treasury Coordinator, or Assistant Treasurer.
- Initiate the electronic wire transfer of money to appropriate entities as directed in accordance with the wire authorization matrix.
- Run daily positive pay reports, address exceptions by contracting the division or corporate personnel for pay or return instructions, and enter the appropriate decision in the bank's system prior to the deadline.
- Correspond with the company’s primary bank(s) regarding check clearing errors, transmission problems, status of adjustments, research issues, etc.
- Serve as primary back-up for accounting for prior day bank transactions and uploading property receipt files in Quantum.
- Serve as back-up for the Audit and Cash Leger processes.
- Coordinate the forgery affidavit process.
- Review monthly account analysis statements from various banks for accuracy of billing.
- Complete bank deposits for various accounts.
- Release approved stop payment orders to the bank and coordinate with Augusta Accounting regarding discrepancies.
- Handle questions, requests, problems, etc. from the Augusta Accounting office.
- Maintain cash and bank files and monthly bank statements on File Stream.
- Serve as back up to other members of the department for treasury functions on an as needed basis.
- Participate in special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting coursework is a plus.
- At least 4 years experience in an accounting, treasury, or banking capacity.
- Solid understanding of, and keen interest in payment technologies, internal controls and process improvement.
- Proven strong work ethic, ability to make decisions, and work under tight deadlines without sacrificing quality of work product.
- Strong analytical and communication skills; detail-oriented and well-organized, with an ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize various responsibilities.
- Team player that demonstrates flexibility and the ability to integrate and work well with others.
- Motivated to succeed with capacity to assume increasing responsibility.
We recognize that everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan