Administrative Assistant - Training and Development, Corporate Office
Irvine, CA 92602
The Administrative Assistant will report to and provide support to the Vice President of Training and Development with projects, including but not limited to event planning, preparation of course material, class set up, managing the calendar, preparing agendas and materials used in meetings. Will provide support to the department in all aspects as they relate to achieving overall department goals and objectives.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to department VP.
- Coordinate and facilitate the VP’s calendar to arrange meetings, appointments and conferences.
- Manage VP’s credit card receipts and reviews all codes for accuracy prior to submitting for approval.
- Prepare internal department (monthly) billing.
- Prepare invoice allocations and approvals, codes all departments operational and shop invoices, submits for approval payment and investigates issues when needed.
- Process department accounts payable and internal billing.
- Maintain inventory and oversee the ordering of the department’s office supplies and class materials.
- Maintain and updates course materials to ensure consistency with the Company and the department brand when needed.
- Administer the Mystery Shop program to include preparing quarterly reports and special request mystery shop orders, maintaining logs to accurately track scores and frequency.
- Act as liaison with the Mystery Shop Company to ensure shops are completed; and maintain status of scheduled and completed shops.
- Perform routine audits of new hire policy acceptance through internal policy & procedure software system.
- Administrative support for onsite and offsite event meetings including but not limited to vendor price quotes; vendor meetings, venue set up, and attendance of event as support person.
- Prepare correspondence, greets visitors, and arranges conference calls, sets up webinars and schedule meetings for the VP of Training and Development.
- Assist with the development of presentations and other documents necessary for meeting and classes to include the review class material to ensure accuracy within formatting guidelines and readability.
- Maintain files of all signed acknowledgments such as the Sexual Harassment Policy, Mystery Shop Program (if applicable), etc.
- Consult with varying levels of personnel on special events/classes and special projects and may be asked to sit in on collaborative meetings and/or training sessions facilitated by VP of Training and Development.
- Sets up and cleans up for training event(s) and/or classes, duties may include; preparation of classroom materials and technical needs, ordering food, room configuration, preparing sign in sheets, tent cards, re-stocking snacks, washing coffee pot(s), etc.
- Plans and coordinates arrangements for professional meetings and conferences for department.
- Perform clerical duties such as photocopying, emailing, faxing and mailing; records, compiles, transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes as needed.
- Maintain office equipment, by placing service calls and ensuring copiers/faxes are ready for use on a daily basis.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILIITIES:
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with ability to create PowerPoint presentations.
- Must be very detail oriented, demonstrate extreme accuracy and thoroughness with work, strong ability to follow procedures and maintain professionalism and be very well organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to get along with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
- Exhibit effective administrative, organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to show initiative, be able to multi-task and adapt to change.
- Strong email correspondence skills and ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record.
- High School/GED or Associate’s degree.
- Minimum of 4 years Administrative Assistant experience.
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability, mental and physical, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, and military and veteran status or any other legally protected status. IND123