Houston, TX 77001
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein.
• Responsible for transporting residents in a safe and timely manner on assigned trips.
• Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
• Responsible for the transportation of donated food and other resources available to residents.
• Responsible for keeping the inside of assigned vehicle clean on a daily basis.
• Assure that all residents are treated with respect and offer excellent customer service.
• Responsible for turning in all documents and reports in a timely manner.
• Assist residents with getting on and off vehicle when needed.
• Responsible for performing and documenting a pre-trip inspection of vehicle before departing on assigned trips.
• Responsible for making sure the mirrors, windows and windshield of the bus are clean prior to departing for a trip.
• Report and document post-trip inspection of assigned vehicle after the completion of trips.
• Re-stock First Aid and Body Fluid Clean Up Kits inside assigned vehicle as needed.
• Responsible for reporting all traffic accidents or moving violations to Manager of Transportation with 24 hours of the occurrence.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
• Posting and passing out flyers door to door to residents.
• Delivery and pick up of news letters from printer.
• Assist with indoor/outdoor holiday decorations.
• Responsible for completing a transportation sign-in sheet with dates, times and destinations for the upcoming month.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent people skills and a team player.
• Positive attitude and enjoy working with seniors.
• Understand and respect the culture of the residents living in the community.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexibility in working hours.
• Must maintain an acceptable driving record.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; and at least two years of related experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CDL Class “B” or higher with a Passenger endorsement.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste and smell. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and, on rare occasions, move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.