Acquisitions Analyst - Real Estate Private Equity
San Diego, CA 92101
Founded in 1975, The ConAm Group is a fully-integrated multifamily investment and management firm based in San Diego, California. The Acquisitions Group’s multifamily investment philosophy is focused on current cash flow and increasing asset value, consistently producing attractive risk-adjusted returns for its investors, partners and clients. Over the past 24 years and through multiple economic cycles, the Acquisitions Group has completed approximately $2.5B of acquisitions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform underwriting for assigned acquisition projects, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Prepare pro forma financials for acquisitions and financing of multifamily properties.
- Review and analyze legal documents, financial reports, and operating plans as part of the due diligence process, negotiations, and deal structuring.
- Provide project management assistance, working collaboratively with multiple departments on issue identification and resolution.
- Facilitate efficient flow of information and document management by collecting, reviewing, analyzing, processing, generating and distributing complex and/or confidential data, business documents, reports, and various business correspondence.
- Respond to external and internal sources with in-person interactions, correspondence, and/or other messaging, while providing exceptional customer service.
- Assist in the preparation of investment committee materials and meeting organization.
- Prepare rent analyses, maps and graphs for potential acquisition targets.
- Conduct market surveys, obtaining relevant market and sub-market data for target properties, including population and job growth, crime statistics, etc.
- Perform Ad Hoc analyses, including supporting analyses for the Acquisitions team and other departments, as-needed.
- Perform additional projects/duties for the Acquisitions team as needed/assigned.
- Integrity: Uphold high ethical standards in job-related activities and behaviors, doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to anticipate internal and external customers’ needs, acting accordingly and giving appropriate priority and focus to customer service and satisfaction.
- Organization and Time Management: Effectively manage time, resources, and information to consistently meet or exceed deadlines, ensuring that work product and information is organized and accessible.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Successfully communicate and collaborate with peers, managers, and customers to achieve common goals. Develop positive relationships across the organization and partner effectively with others.
- Business Communication: Demonstrate an ability to expresses ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents, ensuring communication is respectful, open, honest, and tailored to the receiver. Actively listen and willingly accept and provide constructive, solution-focused feedback.
- Initiative: Exhibit a sense of drive, ownership, and responsibility recognizing opportunities within their “circle of influence,” anticipating threats, and acting on them.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Strive to understand contributing factors, work to resolve complex situations, asking for assistance or guidance when appropriate, drawing correct and realistic conclusions, and making timely decisions based on available information.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate ability to manage ambiguity, adapting to changing circumstances quickly and effectively.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of relevant experience and/or relevant educational background required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications with emphasis on Excel strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving capability, and innovative thinking
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills