Call Center Operations Manager
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President, the Call Center Operations Manager is a partner in the daily management and operations of Equity Residential’s National Call Center with oversight of the initial sales process. The position implements and reviews the policies and operating structure of the call center’s key performance indicators (KPIs), implementation of sales strategies as well as the ongoing development of the initial sales team. Under the direction of the National Call Center AVP, the Call Center Operations Manager directs communication between the call center and other business areas to ensure a shared understanding of the expected customer experience and measures of success.
- A Leader. You build effective teams and provide direction to help those teams achieve goals and operate cooperatively and cohesively.
- Organized, Flexible, and Adaptable. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work. You multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines consistently. You keep your cool during stressful situations, remain resilient, and quickly find solutions in order to meet the changing needs and priorities of the business.
- A Collaborator and Trusted Team Player. You enjoy partnering with others —whether internal or external— and build constructive working relationships that foster cooperation in order to get work done and deliver great results. You are united with teammates and follow through on commitments. Through your past experience, you’ve also built skills that help you effectively persuade and gain the support of others.
- Strategic and Results-Oriented. You demonstrate an inherent sense of urgency to drive great results, while being precise with executing your work. You are skilled at setting a clear project plan and tracking progress of ongoing progress. You look for opportunities to optimize processes and systems and you enjoy leveraging available data and technologies to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Self-Starter. You demonstrate initiative and have the ability to work effectively without a lot of direction or guidance from your manager. If you’re given a task or assignment, you can be counted on to complete it thoroughly. You’re also self-motivated to keep busy with tasks that add value to the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as a subject matter expert in all things sales-related to deliver an exceptional and differentiated experience for customers interested in finding the perfect apartment home and current residents in keeping with the organization’s sales strategy. Designs and implements call center processes, sales strategy, and procedures in unison with other department leaders. Measurements of success include calls answered, quality scores, guest card creation, cross-sells, sales conversion, and special project KPIs.
- Build and lead a team of 12-15 initial sales team members and agents, and oversight of 3-5 operational leaders within the National Call Center-including (but not limited to): recruiting, hiring, communicating job expectations, ongoing training, mentoring, coaching, motivating, leveraging a strong understanding of people, effective communication, and counseling employees.
- Train, coach and develop new team members in the sales and marketing process and procedures, including providing uncompromising customer service and effective selling to prospective residents. Perform analysis of the department and organizational performance, including weekly sales reports, quality scores of call-center representatives, and productivity of call center representatives. Monitor the team’s performance against the contact center and property management objectives as well as individual contributions. Provides recommendations and guidance in defining career paths and professional development plans.
- Develop strategies to respond to changing business needs, by exploring opportunities to add value to the call center role within the enterprise; contributes information and analysis for organization strategic plans and reviews; build and maintain relationships within the organization, specifically with the field leadership teams including Regional Managers and occasionally VPs.
- Meet financial objectives by contributing to an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions. Vendor oversight.
- Provide direct oversight to schedule adherence and co-management of other department resources. Actively participates in the day to day oversight of resource allocation, scheduling, and hours of operations with respect to the Workforce Management objectives of the department.
- Represent Equity Residential in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintain a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, co-workers, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (equivalent industry experience may be substituted for a degree)
- 5-7 years of call center or multifamily industry experience, with at least 3 years in community management, leasing supervisor, direct management or supervisory capacity.
- Industry experience, knowledge of CRM platforms, knowledge of the inContact or Call Center phone systems, and sales training skills preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of schedule optimization, basic accounting principles, report analysis, strong analytical skills, and articulate trends.
- Must demonstrate the ability to evaluate productivity and financial data and be able to identify the need for process and technology improvements.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; must be a confident and effective communicator at all levels of the organization.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan