Senior Financial Analysis Manager - Operations
Chicago, IL 60601
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Sr. Financial Analysis Manager is responsible for identifying and analyzing trends in operating performance and communicating material variances versus guidance and budget. As our Sr. Financial Analysis Manager, you will contribute to providing guidance recommendation and re-forecasting. Additionally, you will be responsible for generating earnings related reporting materials and performing financial modeling, as well as identifying and recommending ways to maximize financial performance.
- Results-Oriented. You demonstrate an inherent sense of urgency to drive great results, while being precise in executing your work. You are facile with creating and communicating a clear project plan, tracking progress, and keeping your business partners in the loop along the way.
- Intellectually Curious. You're inherently interested in the "why" so that you can identify opportunities that represent unconventional solutions to the problems you are trying to solve.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are concise, articulate, and effective, providing an ability to interact with all levels/various teams across the organization, be understood, and develop trust and rapport within the organization.
- Trusted Team Player. You enjoy partnering with others and build constructive working relationships that foster the collaboration necessary to deliver great results. You are accountable to your teammates and follow through on commitments.
- Organized and Confident. You are flexible, composed, and able to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, while confidently interacting with a variety of individuals, across all levels of the organization. You handle pressure well and do so with confidence.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Review and summarize monthly financial variances and report findings at a high level. Identify and communicate material variances and ongoing trends which may impact company operating performance.
- Focus on process efficiencies to help streamline and shorten reporting cycles while ensuring accuracy. Perform independent analysis of financials and general ledger as needed.
- Analyze company performance, including statistical analysis of income and expense trends, as well as underlying factors that contribute to income and expense. Review financial data and reporting to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare investor and board slides to accurately represent the company’s performance and current trends.
- Identify and utilize resources within the various departments and platforms to deliver information and quantifiable financial detail to the COO. Research and present options for achieving desired metric-driven outcomes to the COO. Utilize Equity Residential systems and software to create and run reports to aid on the analysis of performance.
- Act as key contributor for earnings preparation. Contribute to the quarterly pre-earnings release package commentary and analysis. Maintain a level of proficiency with Equity’s systems and can leverage them for ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Collaborate with the Operations team and other various central department groups with systems and analysis expertise, including management of the documentation and administration of our processes. Assist with the assessment and implementation of new methods and platforms. Contribute to the year-end budgeting process, as needed.
- Act as a liaison between the COO and other business partners for purposes of identifying resources, gathering information, and troubleshooting concerns related to financial performance.
- Participate on Business Intelligence (BI) cross-functional team, providing quality assurance for new methods and provides insight into field user needs. Participate in quarterly OPEX reviews, providing insight and support to the operations and property management groups where appropriate.
- Ask critical questions, create alternatives, react to changes in business conditions, and propose actionable outcomes.
- Interact on a daily basis with the COO, SVP Property Operations, and SVP Property Management to ensure consistent alignment with expectations and guidance. Acts as a critical contributor to operational discussions and strategies.
- Support and collaborate with the Senior Vice President Property Operations and Senior Vice President Property Management on analyses and special projects, as needed.
- Perform additional analysis, special projects, acquisitions, development, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required; MBA preferred.
- A minimum of five to seven years related experience in the property management field is required.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Proficient with (on-line) automated accounting systems, Excel, Essbase and Word.
- Must be able to effectively supervise other staff, organize and prioritize workload for numerous projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to perform work effectively and exhibit flexibility, working with different teams in multiple and diverse work environments.
We recognize that everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan