Charleston, SC 29401
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and/or assist in the financing needs of a specified fund and/or asset. (Value add, Open ended or separate account vehicles)
- Manage/maintain a debt portfolio for over ~9bn of outstanding exposure.
- Manage the loan and venture closing process from start to finish working closely with outside counsel, brokers, internal portfolio management, asset management, and regional deal teams.
- Assess financial viability of new projects and underwritten leverage.
- Foster and maintain equity and debt relationships on behalf of the company.
- Develop and maintain mortgage banking relationships across the US.
- Evaluate the re-financing opportunities of properties across the various fund vehicles.
- Coordinate, compile and analyze financing packages summarizing the highlights, requirements, market information, and other financial data for corporate decisions.
- Closely work with members of the investment management team to deploy capital and obtain the appropriate leverage.
- Run and/or review proformas generated in pursuit of new acquisition opportunities.
- Complete various financial, accounting, and other reports/duties as assigned or as necessary.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the financing of institutional grade apartment properties.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to understand, interpret and analyze financial data
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Extensive experience with excel and other applicable office programs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and manage multiple initiatives
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company information
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to take on new challenges both independently and work with the financing team.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs