Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Maintains calendars for events and appointments for the Executive Director and/or other senior managers within the Department or city office by scheduling calls, appointments, and meetings, securing meeting space and meeting facilities, resolving scheduling conflicts as necessary to ensure effective use of time and resources, and preparing meeting materials and communications to attendees.
- Manages the daily schedule and calendar for the Executive Director by reviewing and preparing for planned meetings and events, gathering materials, documents, and other materials needed in advance of the event, and being available as needed for follow-up and assistance during the scheduled event.
- Makes travel arrangements for the Executive Director, external consultants, visitors, dignitaries, and others as needed by making reservations and purchasing tickets, making hotel, rental car, and other travel accommodations, ensuring that materials and resources are available at destination locations, resolving travel- related conflicts or scheduling changes, and completing and submitting expense reports in a timely fashion.
- Prepares proposals, presentations, memos, e-mails, reports, spreadsheets, letters, and other documents for internal and external distribution by drafting, proofreading and spell-checking documents, creating graphs, charts, and other graphic enhancements, and overseeing production, packaging, and distribution to appropriate audiences and recipients.
- Reviews and/or assists in preparing budget, financial, and other administrative documents by analyzing and evaluating information, reconciling statements and documents, and coordinating with other department heads to discuss resource needs, issues, and questions.
- Participates in or completes special projects and other assignments by planning and coordinating tasks and activities with other team members, contracting with vendors, service providers, and other internal or external resources as needed, leading and/or participating in meetings, and following through to complete specific tasks and activities.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operation of the office by handling incoming and outgoing mail and packages, maintaining an appropriate inventory of and ordering office supplies, coordinating with building and facilities management to maintain the work environment, setting up and taking down meeting rooms, maintaining files and records, and welcoming visitors and guests.
- Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs