US Legal Associate
Charleston, SC 29401
- Ensures compliance with global data privacy and information security laws, in particular the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Updates and develops new policies, procedures, and guidance documents as needed across markets, divisions, and functional areas.
- Oversees vendor contract strategy, including review and negotiation of privacy and security terms.
- Manages requests from data subjects regarding data management and access and managing the Company’s response to data incidents, including supporting the Company’s data breach response readiness program.
- Provides support of Information Technology and Information Security to ensure that a robust data security program is maintained and the privacy implications of information management and oversight are addressed.
- Conducts factual investigations and risk assessments of how the company obtains, uses, stores and shares personal information across data lifecycle.
- Manages and coordinating with local lawyers in country to facilitate markets' compliance with global and regional requirements, and enable implementation of privacy policies and procedures.
- Provides legal support to workstreams and processes relating to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Educates business clients through targeted counseling, training and awareness programs.
- Manages outside counsel and third-party consulting firms on discreet projects
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs