Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Continental Properties is looking for the absolute best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals as a Design Intern at our home office in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
This internship provides a great opportunity to learn AutoCAD/design and participate directly in the real estate development process.
What you’ll do:
- CAD Drawings from design sketches provided by Director of Design
- Conduct general municipal code research / Analysis
- Material Takeoffs from CAD drawings, PDFs and physical Construction drawings
- Product Research / Comparisons for various building components
- Cost analysis / Spreadsheet work
- Project Specification Analysis.
- Product Design Change Memos
- Plan reviews
What we need:
- Junior, senior, or graduate level student in Architecture, Construction Management, or Engineering
- Available a minimum of 20-40 hours per week (flexibility during the school year).
- Interest in a career in real estate development / construction management a plus
- Extremely proficient with AutoCAD, Excel, Bluebeam and PDF writer.
- Highly attentive to detail and extremely well organized
- Proactive – asks the questions so the tasks get done by the deadlines, no matter what.
- Good communicator – not afraid to talk to people with confidence
What Sets Us Apart:
Continental is a great place to work, as shown by our seven consecutive Top Workplace awards. Here are some of the reasons that our employees vote for us as a Top Workplace:
- Exceptional company culture that encourages innovation and empowers all team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools critical to achieving a successful and meaningful career
- A world-class work environment with potential for long-term growth and advancement in the industry
- For employees who are interested, regular offsite gatherings coordinated by employees. Company sponsored lunches on a monthly basis
- Strong communication between executive management and team members, including interactive quarterly lunch discussions on strategic progress and annual “State of the Company” meeting
Continental Properties Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For the benefit of our residents, the communities we serve, and our co-workers, all applicants are required to pass a background check prior to joining the Continental team.