Director of Design
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Continental Properties is looking for a driven and results-oriented individual to join our team of dedicated professionals as a Director of Design at our home office in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
This individual will work closely with our Executive Vice President of Design and Construction on all matters related to design, architecture, branding, quality control and purchasing. The position works closely with project team members in developing project/design requirements and solutions.
- Lead all new design initiatives, including but not limited to the development of new products, new building prototypes and the continual improvement of existing designs
- Vet, qualify, select and manage the external architectural firms; manage their pricing structure and maintain consistency of prototype plans across architects
- Review and maintain prototype drawings and documents for cost-effective and timely use in projects; solve problems on projects
- Ensure design development is undertaken in accordance with project requirements and budget; implement design changes effectively and efficiently with internal and external stakeholders
- Thoroughly understand the costs of the various components of the product and develop a cost database; provide a cost benefit analysis for the various components of the product
- Manage and stay abreast current and changing design trends
Skill Critical to Success:
- 10 to 15 years of experience in architecture required
- Possesses a high level of emotional intelligence, adept at leading others through persuasion
- Prior managerial experience, including direct oversight of design professionals
- Bachelor of Architecture or Masters in Architecture I degree is required; MBA or MS in Real Estate desired
- Skilled in AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, MS Office Suite software
- Detail oriented and highly organized; ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to clearly set expectations and keep stakeholders apprised of project status
- Able to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; possesses broad knowledge and perspective
What Sets Us Apart:
Continental is a great place to work, as evidenced by our seven consecutive Top Workplace awards. Here are some of the reasons that our team members vote for us as a Top Workplace:
- Exceptional company culture that encourages innovation and empowers all team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools critical to achieving a successful and meaningful career
- Industry-leading compensation and benefits package including Gold and Platinum Medical Plan options, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) with company match and company provided life and disability insurance
- A world-class work environment with potential for long-term growth and advancement in the industry, paid professional memberships and professional activities (conferences and workshops) and a tuition and certification reimbursement program
- Paid holidays and generous vacation time
- Participation in our Building Above and Beyond (BAAB) incentive program that rewards team members based on the success of the company as measured against clearly defined goals
- Participation in our SHARE program that gives director-level team members the opportunity to share in the rewards of real estate developed by the company
- For team members who are interested, informal offsite gatherings and company sponsored lunches on a monthly basis
- Strong communication between executive management and team members, including interactive quarterly lunch discussions on strategic progress and annual “State of the Company” meeting
Continental Properties Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For the benefit of our residents, the communities we serve, and our co-workers, all applicants are required to pass a post-offer criminal background check prior to joining the Continental team.