Vice President of Asset Management
San Rafael, CA 94901
Position is for a full-time (37.5 hours) VP of Asset Management to work in the EAH Corporate office in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting or related field. 10+ years as an Asset Manager or Project Manager in affordable housing. Experience in reporting to and working with agencies such as HUD, TCAC, CHFA, HOME, USRDA, HCD, RHCP, and investors. 5+ years management/supervisory experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family housing, manages 100+ properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition VICEP02052 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Directly responsible for ensuring that the long-term financial health of the properties in the portfolio meets EAH, owner, and lender requirements. Involved in all financial aspects of real estate activities from pre-development through operations and 15 year buy-outs. Ensures that established property and financial criteria are met for each property. Works with REM and Facilities staff on capital needs assessments, capital improvements, and use of reserves. Participates in strategic planning and policy development of EAH property assets. Works closely with REM staff on annual budgets to ensure that the properties are performing as originally projected. Ensures clear and concise communication with investors and lenders.
- Develops and implements Asset Management department goals that will ensure that long-term financial health of EAH properties meets EAH, owner and lender requirements.
- Works with senior management team on EAH’s long range financials and strategic plans.
- Works with REM and RED to create accurate Pro-forma financials and long-term financial plans for new properties.
- Working through Asset Management team, ensures that:
- Capital accounts and losses are reviewed and monitored.
- 15-year buyout strategies support established EAH goals and initiatives.
- Applications for annual and periodic welfare tax exemptions with counties and state agencies are coordinated and monitored.
- General Partners are performing annual duties as defined in staff agreements.
- Annual operating and 15-Year budgets are reviewed with REM staff.
- Quarterly and annual reporting requirements to agencies are tracked.
- Quarterly P&L reports are reviewed with REM staff and EAH stakeholders.
- Properties moving into operations are meeting Pro forma performance through first complete fiscal year of full operations.
- Regulatory Agreement and Loan Document compliance related restrictions are reviewed, identified and complied with.
- Proposed property developments are reviewed for marketability and rental rate structures are evaluated against EAH, owner and lender requirements.
- Develops cross-departmental teams to develop and track cash flow and capital needs.
- Researches databases to refine reporting and data collection and implements Asset Management system with REM, RED, Business Systems and Finance.
- Analyzes purchase options as proposed by Asset Management staff.
- Works with REM and Facilities staff regarding capital assessments, capital improvements and use of reserves including potential energy efficiency options.
- Reviews and analyzes quarterly property financial statements for reports to CEO, CFO and REM Senior Vice President.
- Provides enhanced review and analysis of Watch List properties and properties outside of established benchmarks.
- Oversees Compliance and Quality Assurance Departments, ensuring that vacancy, waitlist and certification procedures for properties are carried out in conformity with all regulatory requirements and company procedures.
- Oversees training on Asset Management policies and procedures.
- Attends agency/investor-sponsored training.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan
- Regular and predictable attendance.
Supervises, organizes, directs, and monitors daily activities of Asset Management, Compliance, Quality Assurance staff.
- Orients new employees to position.
- Trains staff on emergency procedures and employee safety.
- Approves timesheets and time-off requests.
- Sets and oversee employee work schedules.
- Provides performance feedback to employees, including coaching, counseling and disciplining.
- Conducts regular meetings for discussions, problem solving, encouraging, and training.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting or related field. 10+ years as an Asset Manager or Project Manager in affordable housing. Experience in reporting to and working with agencies such as HUD, TCAC, CHFA, HOME, USRDA, HCD, RHCP, and investors. 5+ years management/supervisory experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license and DMV clearance.
- Must have access to reliable vehicle and maintain own auto insurance in accordance with EAH minimum requirements.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of YARDI.
- COS and LIHTC certified
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a percentage match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985