SR. Resident Manager
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Burbank Housing, a Non-Profit Organization dedicated to providing affordable housing in Sonoma and surrounding Counties, has an opening for a Full-Time Senior Resident Manager. The Senior Resident Manager is responsible for oversight of the daily operations of this neighboring apartment communities and regularly assigned on-site Assistant Resident Manager and Maintenance staff. The responsibilities include but are not limited to: reviewing applications for potential tenants, renting or leasing apartments, collection of rents and deposits, oversight and monitoring of all common areas, scheduling and approving maintenance of property, investigation and resolution of tenant complaints and issues, and preparation and timely submission regulatory and company reports. The Senior Resident Manager resides on site in a 3 bedroom apartment within the managed community.
Qualifications Requirements: The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made (except experience levels) to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Education and/or Experience: A minimum of 3 years experience managing a large apartment complex, subsidized housing experience preferred. Real Estate license or college level property management course work is preferred.
- Commitment & enthusiasm toward achieving Burbank Housing's Mission and Vision Statements.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy are required.
Reasoning Abilities: Ability to analyze and interpret technical procedures and instructions. Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Management Skills: Ability to supervise, train, and direct on-site staff. Must be detail oriented, well organized, and must be sensitive to the needs and concerns of tenants and staff.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License, maintain a satisfactory driving record, reliable personal transportation and automobile insurance per requirements of the State of California.
- Working knowledge of computer software and systems: Microsoft Office competency required.
- Ability to quickly gain competency in Yardi or other software related to property management.
- Satisfactory criminal background history for employee and adults age 18 years and older who reside with employee.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to walk; climb stairs, sit; use hands to handle objects/operate keyboards, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms from the waist and above the shoulders; stoop; kneel and crouch; lift up to 30 pounds; see, talk and hear. A pre-placement physical is required.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Satisfactory criminal background history for employee and adults age 18 years and older who reside with employee.