Under the direction of the Regional Manager, performs a variety of on-site services for Reliant Asset Management Solution’s units including, but not limited to, light maintenance, rent collection, coordination of resident activities, cleaning up laundry area; walks property regularly to monitor overall appearance and reports issues to Manager as needed.
- Provides office support at on-site management office by collecting rents at assigned site. Processes and deposits rent as assigned. Greets the residents and general public in a courteous and professional manner. Available to residents during normal office business hours.
- Monitors conduct of tenants to ensure compliance with house rules, regulations, and lease; enforcement of apartment rules, maintain written records, and report occupancy violations, disturbances and other infractions by tenants and guests. Works with supervisor to ensure timeline recertification requirements (if applicable).
- Serves notices and communications to tenants when necessary. Participates in Reliant Asset Management Solution’s sponsored community meetings.
- Coordinates with residents in their assigned area to initiate maintenance requests or provide maintenance to minor problems (if applicable), ensures security lighting is in good condition.
- Monitors performance of outside vendors and informs supervisor of any issues or concerns.
- Develops and maintains good resident relations and encourages residents to work together with Reliant Asset Management Solutions to improve the quality of life in their neighborhood.
- Picks up trash around the complexes, cleans up dumpster areas and laundry rooms. Reports to the maintenance team any large trash objects needing removal, and any liability related issues (such as trip hazards, sharp objects etc.) around the property or concerning residents and their guests.
- Assists in preparation and showing of vacant units as requested, including clean-up and external yard work.
- Coordinates with Regional Manager as needed to keep Reliant Asset Management Solutions apprised of any concerns or problems at the complex.
- Shows apartments to prospective residents; assists with move-in orientation including move-in and move-out or other inspections as needed. Maintains awareness of an adequate number of market ready apartments, effectively monitor delinquencies and implement marketing plans as requested.
- Performs other related projects as assigned by the Regional Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to read and write in English;
- Bilingual English/Spanish (if applicable)
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to live on site at designated property location.
- Valid CA Driver’s license and insurable at standard rates on a continuing basis as required by the Housing Authority’s vehicle insurance carrier. (if applicable)
- Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain strictest confidentiality
- Champions the mission, culture and objectives of the organization
- Demonstrates value and respect for all employees and residents.
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Performs effectively as a team player. Values the ideas and opinions of others and routinely collects their input as part of decision-making process
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent with previous experience within a Property Management office preferred. Handyman skill set training may be preferred depending on property with at least one year performing similar residential building maintenance or general labor type work.
Must have the ability to read, and write English
Must be able to use repair equipment
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally