Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to liveis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates.We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistentpersonal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the input of all employee maintenance (changes), departmental filing and rotation of files to storage, assisting in the reconciliation of various G/L accounts, time sheet audits, associate mailings and check distribution, supply inventory, W-2 reissues, processing disposition records, and assisting associates with general inquiries.
- Analyzes and inputs all associate maintenance including job changes, salary changes, W-4 changes, and terminations.
- Files all departmental filing timely, which includes processed Personnel Action Forms (PAF's) and Tax forms, and prepares storage boxes and logs for rotation of files to storage.
- Assists in the reconciling of various G/L accounts consisting of primarily garnishment and tax reconciliations.
- Assists with Time Sheet Audits, as well as retrieves documents for review by both internal and external auditors.
- Assists with associate mailings, paycheck, and W-2 distribution, including the coordination of W-2 reissue requests.
- Responds to associate payroll questions.
- Process associate wage attachments/garnishments.
- Assist the Sr Payroll Specialist as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of payroll processing experience in a centralized payroll environment required
- PeopleSoft payroll experience preferred
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.