Assistant Project Manager
Denver, CO 80012
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
The Assistant Project Manager observes, participates, and implements the duties and responsibilities of the Project Manager. In this role, the Assistant Project manager will be mentored and trained in all aspects of project management.
- Assist in the review and preparation of GMP documents, including review of contract exhibits, to insure the projected costs include the appropriate scope of work.
- Prepare, review and analyze all project reports and logs, including progress and cost reports, payment schedules and change orders.
- Review and coordinate compliance with FHA & ADA requirements, as well as compliance with local jurisdictional requirements associated with the projects.
- Manage project completion, acceptance and turnover to AVB Residential Services according to Construction Milestone Schedule. Responsibilities include confirming that all work is in conformance with the Contract Documents and that all close-out documentation is accurate and complete.
- Review, analyze and approve critical path schedules with assistance of the SR/Director of Construction and/or VP of Construction.
- Review and analyze Construction Documents, confirming that AVB standards are incorporated into the project design. Further, evaluate project design for potential cost and quality enhancements.
- Prepare and present Monthly Reports that accurately forecast project cost and completion of Project Milestones
- Prepare, inspect and complete AVB Milestone Inspections, including all necessary documentation to ensure conformance with design
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, architecture or a related field OR 5+ years of experience in performing the duties of Construction Project Management.
- 5+ years of progressive construction experience with emphasis on multi-family, production residential housing or commercial and management of vendors, subcontractors and consultants.
- Experience with design, project cost accounting, and project management experience is preferred.
- Owner’s Rep/APM position
- 5-7+ years of Multi-Family construction experience
- Experience as an owner’s rep managing a GC
- Field Experience with managing sub-contractors
- Experience with Design and Drawing review
- Experience with managing a Critical Path Schedule, Construction Budget and Construction cost accounting and reporting
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.