Victorville, CA 92395
Under general supervision performs skilled and semi-skilled duties involved in the cleaning, alterations, maintenance, repairs, and general upkeep of the inside and outside of residential units. Includes tasks involving carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, masonry and appliance repairs and installation.
Maintenance Technician I: This is the first level of the Maintenance Technician series. Position performs semi-skilled duties to assist with the general upkeep of the inside and outside of residential units. Requires the application of basic maintenance tasks and procedures.
Maintenance Technician II: This is the second level of the Maintenance Technician series. Position performs semi-skilled and skilled duties to assist with the general upkeep of inside and outside of residential units. Requires mostly independent and sound understanding of maintenance tasks to include electrical, HVAC, plumbing and carpentry.
Maintenance Technician III: This is the advanced and final level of the Maintenance Technician series. This position performs more advanced skilled labor and completes work independently. May act as Lead and good role model for the rest of the staff in support of the Maintenance Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Depending on the area of assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to the following):
Maintenance Technician I
- Performs maintenance duties such as; cleaning, repairing and painting units; cleaning, repairing and replacing household appliances, stoves, water heaters, plumbing fixtures, performs minor carpentry repairs under little to no supervision.
- Patches and repairs walls and roofs as needed; replaces and repairs window screens, toilets and sinks.
- Performs and troubleshoots plumbing tasks such as clearing drains, replacing fittings, faucets and sinks, etc.
- Removes trash, furniture and debris from vacated units and surrounding areas.
- Performs maintenance services requests (work orders) and vacancy turns for assigned communities and completes related paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides semi-skilled maintenance duties while on-call on a rotational basis to handle any emergency or after-hours calls. Must be fit and duty-ready and available 24/7 for the duration of the on-call period. Must be able to respond within 30 minutes of emergency call coming in.
- Organizes parts and materials required for maintenance service requests and plans maintenance work in advance to ensure efficient completion of all maintenance related work.
- Assists in maintaining inventory by properly monitoring and recording inventory items.
- Ensures safety compliance at all times when performing duties. Maintains a clean and safe working area including wearing of all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Performs other related duties as assigned (such as; maintaining work orders in the service order system, repairs/replaces sprinkler heads and valves, etc.).
Maintenance Technician II - in addition to the above duties this level may include the following, but are not limited to:
- Performance maintenance duties such as carpeting and flooring. Repairs and builds fences, repairs and replaces countertops, cabinets, toilets, and glass window panes as needed.
- Performs and troubleshoots electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches and outlets, etc.
- Performs HVAC duties by testing air units and servicing/replacing wall furnaces as needed.
- Provides skilled maintenance duties while on-call on a rotational basis to handle any emergency or after-hours calls. Must be fit and duty-ready and available 24/7 for the duration of the on-call period. Must be able to respond within 30 minutes of emergency call coming in.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Maintenance Technician III - in addition to a greater level of responsibility and independence, duties for the Technician III position includes all the above duties, and may include the following, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a back-up contact for maintenance related vendors/contractors and ensures work is being done to agreed upon scope. Keeps Maintenance Supervisor informed of any issues or possible issues.
- May take lead in ensuring properties are ready for HQS inspections including performing quality control on the work product of Maintenance Technicians and/or Porter staff.
- Provides on-site expertise and oversight of assigned maintenance or porter staff to ensure proper tools and techniques are being used.
- Assists in safety training of staff.
- Assists with reconciliation of inventory in stock vs. inventory depleted from the work order system.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.