Los Angeles, CA 90067
REPORTS TO: Leasing Operations Manager
DEPARTMENT: Property Management
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Provides leasing services and a high-touch customer experience for a portfolio of properties in the Los Angeles Area. With a positive customer satisfaction goal, interface with prospects and residents by responding to leasing and general inquiries, scheduling on-site tours, conducting leasing tours, coordinate with appropriate management staff to address prospect or resident issues, initiate prospect follow-up, assist with online property postings and marketing, and respond to social media reviews. Responsible for providing a high level of customer service and demonstrate consistent professionalism as a Westhome representative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Deliver a superior prospect and resident experience.
- Greet prospects, both over the phone and in-person, and qualify by covering all criteria required by asking questions; utilizing completed guest cards, and other means of gathering information.
- Track and coordinate leads, showings, traffic and other leasing activity through Rent Café CRM system.
- Inspect models and available “market ready” units in advance of scheduled tours, ensure units are stocked with marketing collateral, swag and refreshments, and communicate related service needs.
- Conduct leasing tours. Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Leverage virtual technologies to conduct remote tours, where applicable, and generate interest in the communities by answering questions regarding property offerings, resident experience and local amenities.
- Contribute to the cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on a continual basis and address any concerns or issues with the Leasing Manager, Community Manager and/or Area Manager in a timely manner.
- Promptly respond to resident requests and coordinate with appropriate property management staff for maintenance and/or manager related inquires.
- Work with prospect to complete online applications and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) and submit processed applications to the Leasing Manager for approval.
- Properly hand-off approved applicants to Area Manger or Community Manager in accordance with the company’s leasing procedures to ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect’s needs.
- Monitor daily and assist with posting online advertising to ensure information is accurate.
- Assist with daily traffic reports in accordance to daily reporting requirements.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to discuss leasing objectives.
- Maintain prospect and resident satisfaction ratings based on explicit criteria set forth by the company.
- Maintain in-depth product and market knowledge of assigned properties and competitors.
- Remain current with industry continuing education requirements.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommending improved procedures and initiating best practices.
- Ability to provide professional customer service to all levels of contacts in a professional manner; i.e. by phone, email and text message communication.
- Ability to determine the needs of prospects or resident clients through effective listening and inquiry skills.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly in a fast-pace leasing and customer service focused environment.
- Tenacious, results oriented solution provider.
- Strong organization and follow up skills with a high level of commitment to detail.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and work independently.
- Proven background in producing accurate and timely work.
Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in a customer support role and successful relationships.
- Must have reliable transportation, a clean driving record and evidence of auto insurance. Driving is required.
- Scheduling flexibility is required as shifts may require weekend hours.
- Familiarity with customer service principles and practices.
- Experience with Yardi and Rent Café CRM systems, a plus.
- Highly proficient technical skills, specifically MS Office. Data base experience helpful.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Equivalent experience or educational diploma or degree.
- Speak English fluently, an additional language is a bonus but not essential (Spanish).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER