San Rafael, CA 94901
Position is for a full-time (37.5 hr/wk) Development Analyst to work at the EAH Corporate Offices in San Rafael, CA. Qualified Candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Civil Engineering, Business, or related field. Must have 2+ years in an affordable housing environment including analyizing proposed acquisitions. Master’s degree and/or working at a non-profit affordable housing corporation is desired. Salary commensurate to experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting Affordable Housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to BUSIN02038 on our website at www.eahhousing.org./careers
Responsible for assisting with acquisition activities, including the evaluation of potential projects, marketing EAH, and responding to solicitations for proposals consistent with the company’s mission and strategic plan. Responsible for analyzing development opportunities and sources of funding and reviewing/underwriting new opportunities to be considered by the executive management team. Additional responsibilities may include assisting with initial project management including working on and submitting applications for financing and city approvals and attending public meetings.
- Drive and research sites in EAH’s opportunity cities and counties.
- Research ownership and title information on high prospect sites and cultivate relationships with property owners.
- Assists Director of Development with all basic due diligence work on potential sites deemed generally viable for development purposes. Due diligence review includes reviewing preliminary title reports, evaluating infrastructure review with local public works and building officials, estimating market values through comparable sales analysis prior to appraisal, and assessing ability to obtain entitlements for contemplated projects in the context of local general plan and zoning designations.
- Creates and analyzes preliminary financial projections for potential transactions; Compiles comprehensive deal analysis packages and assesses risk associated with any acquisition for review by supervisor and Executive Team.
- Identifies, evaluates and monitors new and existing funding sources and remains up to date on the status of those sources of funding.
- Analyzes funding competition and scoring of competitive applicants in connection with various sources.
- Coordinates with project development staff on basic financial terms and conditions viable for purchase and sale agreements that are specific to the community and related subsidy environment for affordable housing developments.
- Ensures that local approvals and neighborhood acceptance of proposed housing development projects occur, including submitting use applications, and attendance at hearings and neighborhood meetings. Assists Director of Development in obtaining public approvals.
- Ensures efficient transition of purchased assets to Real Estate Development group.
- Meets with Real Estate Development Department on regular basis to coordinate all acquisition activities.
- Maintains positive working relationships with lenders and grant sources.
- Work with other organizations within the housing development, healthcare, and religious communities to create opportunities and support for low-income housing development.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating new financial and development partners.
- Assists in creating presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Maintains Development paper and electronic filing system.
- Tracks and maintains contracts and reviews invoices for processing payments.
- Updates budgets and predevelopment cashflows.
- Creates deal memos for active projects and prepares analyses of unsuccessful projects.
- Represent EAH at targeted industry conferences and seminars.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Civil Engineering; Business, or related field. At least one year working in an organization staffed with various roles and functions.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Real Estate, or other related field preferred. Experience working at a non-profit affordable housing corporation desirable.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB - 16985