Virginia Beach, VA 23450
Job Type: Non Exempt
State::VA City:Virginia Beach
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing high-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. AvalonBay currently owns and operates approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employs approximately 3,000 associates. We are looking for a Data Analyst to join the team at our Virginia Beach, VA office.
The Data Analyst will create and maintain a wide range of data analytics functions for the Customer Support Operations Department (CSO). Responsibilities include creating and maintaining all aspects of data retrieval, reporting, and analysis of performance for the CSO.
- Build, develop, and maintain departmental data capture and reporting strategies and reporting to include, but not limited to:
- In-depth analysis and modeling to support all business activities of Customer Support Operations.
- Preparation of reports regarding productivity, capacity, and inventory status.
- Compilation and analysis of data for planning and presentation purposes to internal partners, executive management, and other stakeholders
- Development of SQL queries for reporting and analysis
- Implement quality assurance best practices. Dig into the data and make sure the numbers are right and are appropriate for the business need.
- Partnering with department leaders in reporting design and modification. Make recommendations for reporting improvements and data retrieval initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree with experience in data analytics, computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other numerate field, or in lieu of a degree 3-5 years of progressive responsibility in data analytics.
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative.
- Experience merging and analyzing large, diverse data sources.
- The ability to explain complex technical material to nontechnical audiences
- Rock solid MS Excel skills
- Experience conducting analysis via a statistical package such as R, SAS, STATA, or SPSS is a plus.
- SQL experience needed, with SQL Server Management Studio strongly preferred
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.