Compliance Specialist (PCL)
Brooklyn, NY 11201
• Reviews new applicant files and recertification packages for regulatory eligibility
• Provides support and guidance to on-site teams through e-mails and phone calls
• Provides support and guidance to regional managers
• Monitors continuing program compliance for properties
• Reviews and updates “Reports Due” spreadsheet
• Holds weekly calls with “At Risk Properties” to review/discuss issues
• Reviews occupancy summaries and unit status reports
• Prepares upcoming recertification summary
• Assists in preparing sites for agency reviews
• Reports audit findings to Regional Managers and assists management with recommendations to develop appropriate action plans to address identified risks.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of all regulatory required reports.
• Updates monthly audit status report
• Updates property contact sheets
• Tracks benchmarking and prepares monthly benchmarking reports
• Obtains utility allowance updates from public housing authorities
• Ensures sensitive data is secure and managed appropriately within the compliance department and throughout the organization.
• Demonstrates high standards of conduct and ethics as well as appropriate judgment, independence and discretion.
• Performs other tasks as required when directed by Company management.
• One plus years of Affordable Housing Compliance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent for this position
• Hold State or Federal certification in Affordable Housing or apply within 12 months of employment.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret regulatory agreements, reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Ability to follow and apply National Practices.
• Ability to use a personal computer and advanced working knowledge of email, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to use property-specific software program
• Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, and copier.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
• Must be creative, decisive, and self-directed.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Ability to set and meet goals.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquires or complaints.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Frequent use of fingers, handling, feeling, talking, and hearing.
• Moderate standing, reaching, walking, stooping, and lifting.
• Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, and wrists.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, instruct, and communicate.
• Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
• Ability to work under supervision.
• Standard office working environment.