Charleston, SC 29401
Greystar Corporate Accountant
Applies generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to analyze and reconcile payroll to the general ledger, prepare general and standard journal entries, and assist in preparing standard accounting and financial reports for management.
- Compiles and analyzes payroll information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports and makes appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger by reviewing payroll reports as basis for figures, checking calculations, and balancing and reconciling figures.
- Reviews payroll entries, expenses, invoices, and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
- Analyzes and reviews accounting and financial resources for payroll and other corporate financial and accounting transactions.
- Acts as a liaison between Corporate Accounting team and Talent Management team by establishing a good working relationship through assisting in answering questions as well as requesting accounting and financial resources that may be needed.
- Communicates with team members, key business managers, and others to answer questions, provide support, and ensure timely completion of accounting processes for on-time reporting.
- Completes various accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
College degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field, and/or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to prepare and explain financial data to board members, senior managers, staff, and internal and external auditors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, property management accounting software (Yardi, One Site and/or Timberline), and database management programs in order to complete required reports.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percents in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an accounting and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- A combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the application and usage of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Greystar™ is the global leader in multifamily real estate, offering expertise in property management, investment management, and development and construction of rental housing. Established in 1993, Greystar™ is the largest property management operator in the world. Its dedicated team members and a commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making Greystar™ one of the most respected and trusted real estate companies. EOE.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs