Human Resources Generalist
Addison, TX 75001
REQUIREMENTS (Specific knowledge, skills, education and abilities):
- Strong understanding of human resources policies, procedures and benefits administration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ultipro or like/similar HRIS system experience is required
- Thorough knowledge of applicable laws (ADA, Federal and State Leave laws, ERISA, FMLA, FLSA, HIPAA, DOL, PPACA, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Undergraduate degree (Business, Human Resources or related field) education or equivalent preferred. PHR/SPHR certification is highly desirable.
- 3 to 5 years of Human Resources experience, experience administering leave of absences required.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The work is described as light in physical demand. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Normal office work environment with little or no exposure to undesirable elements. May have contact with business machine toner chemicals.