General Manager / Apartment Manager - El Centro Apartments
Los Angeles, CA 90001
Western National Property Management is looking to fill a General Manager position at El Centro Apartment Homes, a 507 unit community in Hollywood, CA. The General Manager is responsible for managing personnel and financial operations of the respective properties. Optimizes net operating income through strict adherence of WNPM policies and procedures as well as assists Management with the community operations as assigned. Assures achievement of goals and objectives of the owner in the daily overall operations and management. Strives to represent excellence and maintain a quality of living environment for residents by achieving exceptional customer service.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To ensure the efficient operation of the property the subsequent functions (which include: marketing and leasing apartments; rent collection; condition of the buildings, models, vacant and occupied apartments, common areas and amenities; staffing; and resident relations) are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and skills required of this position. Performs other duties as assigned and travel will be required.
- Communicates with Supervisor and/or property owners regarding the overall operations of the properties and makes recommendations as needed to better maximize properties performance or appearance.
- Administers budgeted occupancy levels, budgeted rental rates, and other designated goals.
- Takes full responsibility for operating budget and compliance with Company petty cash policy, ensures expense control and maintains effective rental collections.
- Collaborates directly with the Facilities Manager and/or Assistant General Manager on PayScan management and budget variances.
- Takes full responsibility for status reports, such as financial statements, variance and occupancy reports to be submitted and prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Takes responsibility for reporting potential or general liability claims, workers compensation claims, and loss claims timely and accurately.
- Takes responsibility for all emergency preparedness plans, and determines how to direct and conduct the residents in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Performs daily inspections, to ensure visual appeal of the properties and potential liabilities to maintain hazard-free conditions; alerts appropriate personnel when items are noted that require attention.
- Oversees timely turnover per Company guidelines and follows marketing program to eliminate lost revenue due to vacancies.
- Ensures timely service of evictions to regain possession of the premises according to all lease provisions.
- Confirms accuracy and approves all prospective resident applications, concessions, renewal leases, new move-in leases and ensures the resident files are complete and organized.
- Manages resident issues and promotes excellent customer service to ensure a quality living experience for all.
- Manages vendor selection and vendor relations, to ensure quality performance and confirms that all items billed on invoices have been received and payment is processed timely.
- Maintains knowledge of market conditions and competitive properties and develops and implements resident retention, marketing, and advertising programs.
- Plans and prepares Associate work schedules, assigns tasks, delegates work, monitors job progress and work flow, reviews work for timeliness and accuracy, evaluates work performance, provides guidance, disciplinary actions, training, and overall supervision of Associates.
- Reviews, prepares, approves and submits payroll information to include timesheets and bonuses timely and accurately and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Conducts daily CREDO Meetings, weekly team meetings and monthly safety meetings.
- Adheres to WNPM’s Mystery Shopper Program and performs in accordance to Western standards and expectations of 90% or better consistently.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate effectively and professionally through verbal and written communication. Must be able to interact and get along with others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi and Property Management software; must possess strong computer skills and typing ability.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform mathematical and accounting functions to calculate income requirements.
- Ability to read, prepare, review analyze and comprehend financial statements, such as profit and loss statements, general ledgers, budgets, monthly owner’s reports and required documents timely etc.
- Ability to multi-task, analyze, make quick and effective decisions to resolve difficult situations, as it relates to managing the properties, residents and Associates.
- Ability to close a sale and meet or exceed sale goals.
- Successfully manage a team by effectively delegating and promoting teamwork with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be available for community related concerns or emergencies.
- Must be available to work weekends, non-traditional holidays, on-call, or when needed due to business needs.
- Must adhere and comply with Company standards and policies.
- Comprehension and compliance of State and Federal Fair Housing Laws and applicable local housing provisions.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and auto insurance and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred minimum of three (3) years Property Management experience (including combination of Leasing, Assistant Manager, and/or Community Manager experience).
- Two (2) plus years of Supervisory experience preferred.
Competitive hourly salary
Full medical and dental benefits
401K savings plan with company participation
On-going training and advancement opportunities
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability, mental and physical, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, and military and veteran status or any other legally protected status. IND123