Emeryville , CA 94608
Enjoy your road to success! Essex Property Trust has an awesome company culture and is committed to the growth and advancement of its associates.
Some of the benefits Essex offers:
- Full medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401K Matching
- Housing Discount
- Wellness program with rewards and gym membership discounts
- Employee Assistant Programs
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform maintenance projects and tasks with direction from the Maintenance Supervisor, Community Manager and/or CM&S
• Assist with administration of maintenance functions, for example tracking of inventory, data entry of work orders, maintaining updated records in relation to Mold and Mildew Log, Pool Log, etc.
• Maintain the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
• Compliant with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent, college and/or trade school preferred
• Relevant certification (e.g., HVAC, CPO) strongly preferred
• 1-2 years industry experience or three years general contract maintenance experience
• Proficient knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and appliance repair with hands on experience
• Knowledge of environmental/industrial hazards (i.e., asbestos, lead, mold, radon) as they apply to residential housing
• Available to be "on-call" when requested and promptly respond to work order requests during assigned periods, except during meal periods and rest breaks during which time employee is relieved of all duties and the Company relinquishes any control over how employee spends this time
• Valid driver license and automobile insurance
• Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
• General understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred
• May be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliances/ equipment), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops
• Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, gripping and elbow motion)
• Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation of machines and equipment
• Requires the use of appropriate safety equipment (e.g., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.)
Position requires ability to work any of the 7 days of the week, 52 weeks of the year.