Director of Construction
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Continental Properties is looking for a driven and results-oriented individual to join our team of dedicated professionals as a Director of Construction at our home office in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
This individual will oversee the successful construction completion of all assigned projects multifamily, hotel and/or retail. Leading a team of several direct reports, you will be responsible for the efficient assignment of work, growing and mentoring young leaders and maintaining project performance data to facilitate historical analyses to improve field construction performance.
- Establish and enforce project management discipline, policies, processes and tools that enable world-class execution
- Direct oversight of department Project Engineers, responsible for a wide array of duties including but not limited to punch-out and acceptance of work
- Perform periodic site visits and inspect progress of projects; ensure that work is completed on time, with consistent quality and in conformity with Continental requirements
- Stay abreast of changes in construction processes, systems and best practices and implement as appropriate; constantly look for ways to improve and enhance business
Skill Critical to Success:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in construction or related experience required; Multifamily and/or retail ground-up or design-build construction experience desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, Engineering or Architecture or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
- Demonstrates personal drive and a passion for achieving higher results, even in the face of obstacles; is optimistic and tenacious
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to clearly set expectations and keep stakeholders apprised of project status
- Able to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; possesses broad knowledge and perspective
- Detail oriented and highly organized; ability to work on several projects simultaneously
What Sets Us Apart:
Continental is a great place to work, as evidenced by our seven consecutive Top Workplace awards. Here are some of the reasons that our team members vote for us as a Top Workplace:
- Exceptional company culture that encourages innovation and empowers all team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools critical to achieving a successful and meaningful career
- Industry-leading compensation and benefits package including Gold and Platinum Medical Plan options, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) with company match and company provided life and disability insurance
- A world-class work environment with potential for long-term growth and advancement in the industry, paid professional memberships and professional activities (conferences and workshops) and a tuition and certification reimbursement program
- Paid holidays and generous vacation time
- Participation in our Building Above and Beyond (BAAB) incentive program that rewards team members based on the success of the company as measured against clearly defined goals
- For team members who are interested, informal offsite gatherings and company sponsored lunches on a monthly basis
- Strong communication between executive management and team members, including interactive quarterly lunch discussions on strategic progress and annual “State of the Company” meeting
Continental Properties Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For the benefit of our residents, the communities we serve, and our co-workers, all applicants are required to pass a post-offer criminal background check prior to joining the Continental team.