Senior Treasury Coordinator
Chicago, IL 60601
Equity Residential is an S&P 500 company focused on the acquisition, development and management of rental apartment properties in urban and high-density suburban coastal gateway markets where today’s affluent renters want to live, work and play.
Under the direction of the Treasury Manager, you will perform a variety of Treasury activities to manage liquidity, investments and payments. You will correspond and maintain relationships with outside financial institutions, various operating areas of the Equity Residential organization and/or outside agencies to provide excellent service and solve problems. You will monitor daily cash position and expected cash expenditures, serve as back-up to management for cash-related matters and provide guidance and oversight for the Treasury Coordinator.
WHO YOU ARE
- Knowledgeable. You have a strong working understanding of payment systems, cash management and best in class control practices.
- Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, demonstrating your ability to be articulate and understood.
- Detailed and process orientated. You will improve and enforce control processes.
- Efficient and Effective. You handle pressure well and do so with confidence. And when a tight deadline comes up, you organize the tasks to be completed —including quality checks— and focus on how to re-prioritize your other tasks to meet the timeframe.
- A Team Player. You are known for serving as a resource and trusted business partner for internal groups. Participating in cross-functional projects is the type of work you love.
- Technologically Savvy. You have experience working with Treasury Management Systems, bank cash workstations and latest trend in the evolving technology payment landscape.
- Passionate. Motivated. Eager to Learn. You ask smart questions and regularly seek to understand. You invest extra energy to reach your goals. And when a special project arises, you volunteer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Utilizing the Quantum Treasury Workstation manage the daily inflows and outflows of cash and update the cash forecast as needed.
- Initiate and/or approve the electronic wire transfer of money to appropriate entities as directed in accordance with the wire authorization matrix.
- Correspond with the company’s primary bank(s) regarding check clearing errors, transmission problems, status of adjustments, research issues, etc.
- Liasson to various operational areas of the company to coordinate transactional activity and problem solver.
- Generate daily positive pay reports, address exceptions and after conferring with internal personnel make pay or return decisions prior to the deadline.
- Serve as primary back-up for accounting for prior day bank transactions and uploading property receipt files in Quantum.
- Assist with cash forecasting and commercial paper dealing, contributing to ensure timely funding of the company's daily cash obligations while minimizing cost.
- Review monthly Letter of Credit summary sheets and Quarterly billing from banks for tracking and billing accuracy.
- Participate in special projects, as needed.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of, and keen interest in payment technologies, internal controls and process improvement.
- Proven strong work ethic, ability to make decisions, and work under tight deadlines without sacrificing quality of work product.
- Detail oriented and well-organized, with an ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize various responsibilities.
- Team player that demonstrates flexibility and the ability to integrate and work well with others.
- Motivated to succeed with capacity to assume increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Accounting major a plus.
- Certified Treasury Professional or equivalent certification required.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in accounting, corporate Treasury or banking.
- Experience with Treasury Management Systems and bank payment sites.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan