New Lease Up Leasing Agent / Leasing Consultant - Sales, The Platform
San Jose, CA 95101
Sales - Experienced New Lease Up Leasing Agent / Leasing Consultant – Apartment Homes
Western National Property Management is looking to fill a New Lease Up Leasing Consultant position at The Platform Apartment Homes, a 551 unit community in San Jose. CA. The Leasing Consultant has a direct impact on overall performance of the property by leasing vacancies and notices of intent to vacate to qualified prospects. As the initial contact between the public and the company, the Leasing Consultant will represent the community by demonstrating the product with excellence.
The ideal candidate is polished, engaging and energetic. Candidates need significant customer service experience as well as previous sales, marketing or leasing agent experience. Experience with a commitment to apply their very best in a high-energy environment that rewards your efforts and dedication!
- Current/recent Multifamily leasing experience, New Lease Up experience a plus.
- Maintain high occupancy by demonstrating the value in our properties.
- Evaluate the needs of our customers while communicating the corresponding benefits.
- Monitor and provide service to all traffic in a professional manner consistently.
- Acknowledge, stand and greet all residents and future residents consistently.
- Qualify prospects, verify applications, and prepare resident files and related paperwork within a 72 hour time frame.
- Conduct move-in process, including unit inspection, and preparation of all required lease documents.
- Provide accurate information to General Manager concerning resident requests, complaints, and work orders.
- Ensure market entry and tour path is clean in addition to models and vacant units open for touring each day and are up to WNPM standards.
- Understand and shop the competition at least once per quarter.
- Update the Market Survey as required and upon direction of General Manager.
- Maintain awareness of current advertising and market programs for the community as well as all community rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that refreshments, balloons, “A-Frames”, and other community marketing materials, are in place on a daily basis.
- Assist with planning and hosting of resident functions as well as perform outside marketing as directed.
- Maintain Traffic Logs, Welcome Sheets, Rental Agreements, Addendum, Market Surveys and related paperwork.
- Learn and perform the functions of a Leasing Consultant.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Sales, customer service and public relations skills.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with prospects, residents, peers and management.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detail oriented and organized; ability to interact effectively with prospects, residents, peers and management.
- Demonstrate initiative, professionalism and integrity, and exercises confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Projects a professional image and demeanor.
- Understand, apply and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- General office duties including faxing, scanning, copying.
- Comply with state landlord/tenant law to include State and Federal Fair Housing laws.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain current auto insurance.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
$2,000.00 sign on bonus. $500.00 paid up front and then $1500.00 paid upon successful completion of 90 day orientation period
Competitive hourly salary
Full medical and dental benefits
401K savings plan with company participation
On-going training and advancement opportunities
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability, mental and physical, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, and military and veteran status or any other legally protected status. IND123