- Assist with the inspection of the property and all common areas each morning to detect maintenance problems that require attention.
- Complete general maintenance and maintenance requests per company policy or as directed by supervisor.
- Perform repairs on apartments to ensure proper operating conditions and appearance is to company standards for leasing and occupancy.
- Paint apartments (if applicable).
- Secure, repair and maintain any equipment owned by the apartment community.
- Serve as on-call maintenance providing evening, weekend and holiday emergency service on a rotating basis.
- Change all air-conditioning filters at least every six months and upon apartment turnover as applicable.
- Remain informed and report conditions that could have an impact on the ability to maintain an exceptional quality of living environment for our residents.
- Assist in maintaining inventory and preparation of related paperwork.
- Keep storage facilities in an orderly, working condition.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Facilities Manager and/or General Manager.
Definition of General Maintenance:
- Replace bathroom and kitchen faucets
- Replace stems, seats and washer in plumbing apparatus
- Replace toilet seats
- Repair and replace ballcock in toilet tanks
- Replace toilet tank flapper
- Replace door hardware
- Replace thermocouples and pilot generators
- Mount and restore traverse rods
- Remove and install blinds
- Replace interior and exterior light bulbs
- Adjust time clocks on irrigation systems or lighting
- Oil re-circulating pumps every 60 days with 30 wt. non detergent oil
- Dap or caulk bathtubs, shower, basins, sink and commodes
- Replace forced air and air conditioning filters
- Control pool temperature 76 to 80 degrees (where applicable)
- Control spa temperature not to exceed 100 degrees (where applicable)
- Fill nail holes, drywall repairs, touch up paint
- Install or re-install towel bars and accessories
- Troubleshoot and replace disposals
- Access drain backups and resolve
- Change light switches or receptacles
- Adjust or replace cabinet, wardrobe and shower door hardware
- Remove, clean or replace bathroom ventilating fans
- Remove, clean and replace exhaust fans in kitchen
- Adjust patio screen and glass door runners and locking devices
- Make minor repairs to all appliances i.e. stove, heaters, dishwashers, air conditioners and refrigerators
- Test smoke detectors on turnover of units
- Minor floor tile repair or replacement
- Remove and replace broken windows
- Remove and replace screens
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with prospects, residents, peers and management.
- Knowledge in carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting, masonry and appliance repairs and installation (dishwashers, stoves, refrigerators, etc.).
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Make ready units for new occupancy per company policy.
- Maintaining the leasing office and all recreational and common area facilities.
- Demonstrates initiative, personal awareness, professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Must possess a valid driver's license; maintain current auto insurance and an acceptable driving record
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in residential property maintenance preferred.
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability, mental and physical, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, and military and veteran status or any other legally protected status. IND123