Quality Assurance Engineer
Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
We are looking for a bright and passionate Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to be a founding member of AvalonBay’s new Digital Squad. Do you have a passion for creating compelling and meaningful digital experiences? Are you a champion for the best customer experience? Are you a creative problem-solver and communicator? Do you want to help lead the transformation of a company and an industry? If you’re a resounding yes, we want to talk to you.
ABOUT AVALONBAY DIGITAL SQUAD
At AvalonBay, we’ve embarked on a digital initiative to enhance the way we serve our customers. We’re transforming the way customers experience AvalonBay with an approach rooted in design thinking and enabled by agile methodology. The cross-functional team, based out of our Arlington, VA office will be empowered to act and iterate to get value to customers as frequently as possible. We will leverage exciting technologies, such as AI and a modern cloud-based technology, transforming an enterprise environment from within. Ultimately, we’re championing our organization’s core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring and a Focus on Continuous Improvement. And we’re looking for leaders to join our team!
- Create test plans and test cases based on the requirements of our software
- Create and maintain automated tests for web applications
- Execute all types of tests (e.g., functional, integration, manual, automated, etc.) on a scheduled or as-needed basis
- Track and manage bugs through the software development lifecycle
- Track and report on quality assurance metrics and testing activities
- Support transformation of established infrastructure using automation
- Work with API development, middleware, storage, messaging, and cloud technology
- Design and develop reusable components, code, and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, as well as update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines; ensuring rapid availability of products
- Deploy and decommission client environments for multi as well as single-tenant hosted applications following established processes and procedures
- Monitor system and application performance to detect errors, apply testing procedures/methodologies (e.g. diagnostic software), as well as provide interpretation of data
- Lead incident management calls and coordinate resources through resolution
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with version control systems (Git), configuration management (such as CloudFormation or Azure Resource templates), as well as central logging and monitoring solutions
- At least 2 years of experience with scripting (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes(BDD/TDD /CI/CD, Testing types)
- Experience designing, writing, maintaining, and executing software tests
- Maintaining test data for Continuous Testing pipelines
- The automated tests you create will validate the quality of web-based applications, while your manual testing will track evolving use cases
- You’ll work with the engineering team to develop a sound quality assurance process and infrastructure
- Be a customer advocate with the ability to think as an end user
- Comfortable with switching contexts rapidly
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to triage problems - e.g. going through application logs on various platforms,debugging and logging issues in our bug tracking system
- 1+ years of experience with PostgreSQL, MYSQL, SQL, Oracle
- 1+ years of experience with high availability architectures and concepts
- 1+ years of experience with enterprise backup/restore architectures and concepts
- 1+ years of experience with strategies for database backups, file system backups
- 1+ years of experience with CI/CD testing and deployment tools such as Jenkins
- 1+ years of experience with various Firewall architectures and Network Security concepts
- 1+ years of experience with architectural documentation of technology as built
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.