Customer Support Assistant
Seattle, WA 98101
Customer Support Assistants (CSAs) play an integral role in supporting all aspects of our Equity Residential apartment communities. The CSA position is a perfect opportunity to experience various aspects of our business including customer service, administrative support, and sales and marketing.
As a CSA, your success will depend on your ability to learn from others, take initiative, and work in a team environment to achieve goals and provide exceptional service to residents. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask and employ a diverse set of skills.
- A Strong Communicator: Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Team Player: You are collaborative; you celebrate diversity and are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
- Organized: You have the ability to effectively multitask while delivering exceptional service to teammates, residents, and customers.
- Empathetic: You put yourself in others’ shoes and strive for positive outcomes.
- Motivated: Takes initiative; ability to stay motivated and focused when working through challenging situations.
- Solution-Oriented: You are dedicated to offering strategic solutions, while delivering on your commitments.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide exceptional customer service to team members, residents, and customers through communication, listening - not just hearing, honoring commitments, and doing the right thing.
- Collaborate in a team environment while sharing the spotlight and building a strong sense of community.
- Support our sales team, making it easy for them (and you) to connect with prospective residents.
- Enhance sales and marketing efforts by inspecting move-ins, supporting online brand and marketing, and interacting with prospective residents.
- Show off our community by walking the community with a keen eye for detail, making note of areas in need of attention and communicating with our office and service team to ensure we are presenting a sparkling product to our current and prospective residents.
- Offer administrative support, including accurate record keeping, managing service requests, and ensuring compliance and organization for your team.
- Manage the application, move-in and move-out processes by guiding residents through each step, completing and verifying all lease applications and sharing results with your teammates applicants.
- Keep accurate records of prospective and current residents, ensuring compliance and organization for your office team.
- Handle transactions like accepting rent and deposits and inspecting move-ins and move-outs.
- Collaborate with talented teammates to identify and solve any apartment issues that arise.
- Plan fun activities that help build a strong sense of belonging among residents.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including Google, calendar management, software/database, and social media
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- College degree or coursework
- One year customer service and/or administrative experience in a professional environment
- Experience in MRI or property management software
We recognize that everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan