San Bruno, CA 94066
Job Type: Exempt
State::CA City:San Bruno
Creating a better way to liveis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates.At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our Property Operations Team as aGeneral Manager.
The General Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating all activities at our luxury apartment community. This position will ensure that the company's financial, business and customer service objectives are achieved through the successful implementation of corporate and regional programs as well as proactive, property specific initiatives and strategies.
Qualified candidates will posses the following skills:
- Five years of multifamily or hotel operational experience.
- Experience in managing a large group of associates
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and various support groups.
- A high drive to succeed.
- Analytical skills; must have demonstrated strong problem solving and quantitative abilities.
- Financial acumen; must be well versed in pro forma project accounting and in tracking performance against pro formas.
- A degree from an accredited four-year university.