Director, Asset Management
Charleston, SC 29401
The Director, Asset Management leads the execution of owned assets through the implementation of the Company’s strategies, programs, policies, and initiatives related to investment management and associated with the performance of the owned multi-housing portfolio. Partners with Acquisitions, Portfolio Management, Capital Projects and Real Estate Operations to implement specific plans and programs that achieve the financial, investment, and operating goals of the assigned portfolio.
- Leads oversight, initiatives, and strategies by evaluating, researching, and analyzing owned asset portfolio for optimal asset execution and overall investment performance.
- Maintains and manages relationships between portfolio management, acquisitions, operations and capital projects to cultivate seamless communication and execution of owned asset business plans.
- Develops market and asset reviews to evaluate the overall operational performance and financial results for the owned asset portfolio, surfaces and discusses issues and potential challenges that threaten portfolio performance, and presents recommendations, plans, and strategies for enhancing value and improving financial returns.
- Manages and ensures the portfolio’s compliance with debt and equity providers, develops and provides reports to investment committee and equity partners, monitors investment performance, returns, and forecasts through DCF financial modeling, and recommends methods to optimize returns at the asset and subsequently the portfolio level.
- Measures, evaluates and reports on the portfolio’s performance against budget and investment proforma, managing and monitoring cash flow, making strategic recommendations on asset capitalization, and preparing monthly and quarterly client portfolio/performance reports.
- Reviews market, economic, and capital trends and factors impacting the performance of the portfolio, prepares and delivers presentations and updates to investment committee/equity partners, and participates in formulating the long-term disposition and exit strategy for the assets.
- Develops and leads revenue-enhancing and expense containment programs and initiatives at the property level, monitors resident turnover and satisfaction indicators, and identifies and acts on opportunities to drive operational excellence to enhance value.
- Leads internal valuation process, coordinates with third party appraisers, and works collaboratively with portfolio management on quarterly valuations.
- Interacts with property and investment accounting to review and ensure delivery of accurate monthly property financials.
- Interacts with the capital projects group to execute rehab and other capital improvements.
Greystar™ is the global leader in multifamily real estate, offering expertise in property management, investment management, and development and construction of rental housing. Established in 1993, Greystar™ is the largest property management operator in the world. Its dedicated team members and a commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making Greystar™ one of the most respected and trusted real estate companies. EOE.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs