Talent Acquisition Specialist
Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for identifying creative channels and sources for reaching passive candidates and building our talent pipeline for future hiring needs. This includes coordinating various aspects of the recruiting process from sourcing to onboarding with the company. This position will also be responsible for the administration of talent acquisition systems utilized in the identification of qualified candidates for job openings with AvalonBay. Specific duties will include but are not limited to:
- Creates social media content, manages our online reputation and analyzes social media metrics to attract passive job seekers. Identifies additional creative channels and sources to build our talent pipeline.
- Source, screen, and present qualified candidates to managers to ensure they are technically qualified as well as fit culturally within the organization. Coordinates the scheduling of interviews between candidates and internal resources.
- Analyzes key recruiting-related metrics by utilizing iCIMS and the query functionality of PeopleSoft, including Time to Fill, Cost per Hire, Turnover, and Source success rates.
- Support the administration for the national applicant tracking software – iCIMS. This includes managing user access, serving as a point of contact for questions, and performing routine maintenance on the system.
Our perfect candidate will be flexible, energetic, self-motivated, quick-thinking, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization. Passion for identifying creative solutions to solve problems is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with a concentration in Business or related discipline preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a human resources or related field performing process and detail-oriented work. Prior recruiting or sales experience is preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office. Ideally 1+ year of experience with iCIMS and/or PSHR reporting functions.
- Strong project management skills with a customer-service mindset and the desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.