San Francisco, CA 94124
Mercy Housing is looking for people who want to create a more humane world where poverty is alleviated, communities are healthy, and all people can develop their full potential. We believe that affordable housing and supportive programs improve the economic status of residents, transform neighborhoods and stabilize lives.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Maintenance Manager ensures the operations of the property(ies) in assigned area of oversight are in compliance with the standards and expectations of business. Responsible for ensuring the completion of all property maintenance site-level activities with site-level staff and other Mercy Housing-related departments. Manages maintenance functions on multiple properties of fewer than 200 units.
High school diploma or equivalent required and technical training in a building trade required. Technical certifications in related field preferred.
Minimum of two years in skilled maintenance work required. Technical expertise in one or more building trades required.
- Relate well to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Comprehend and communicate in the English language, both orally and in writing.
- Perform basic math and understand measurement systems used in the trade.
- Read and interpret electrical, plumbing, and mechanical diagrams and blueprints. Draft to make working sketches.
- Use maintenance, trade, and testing equipment and tools.
- Interpret and understand maintenance information generated from property management software reports.
- Legally operate a motor vehicle (valid driver's license and insurance).
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Property Manager to ensure that budgets are followed and achieved, where possible.
- Meets or exceeds stated unit turnover timelines to ensure maximum occupancy levels.
- Ensures that all Physical Product Practices (P3) of Operational Excellence are followed, monitored, and completed.
- Collaborates with Property Manager to ensure proper execution of the approved preventative maintenance schedule established for assigned property(ies).
- Ensures that positive, collaborative internal and external relationships are fostered and maintained and that requests are responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensures completion of necessary educational requirements.
- Maintains professional boundaries with all residents, employees, vendors, contractors, and external customers.
- Collaborates with Property Manager to ensure that resident concerns are appropriately addressed in a timely manner