Director of Construction
Phoenix, AZ 85001
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of renovation and property operations.
- Must understand the concept of value engineering.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to perform basic math, and apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions and offer viable solutions.
- Must be detail oriented, and able to focus with regular or unscheduled interruptions within an office environment.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and email system communication.
- Estimating and project management software experience
Highly experienced in verbal and people management skills.
- Associate degree in Construction Management or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years construction related experience is required including multifamily renovation and Capex budgeting and execution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in writing and maintaining budgets.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite and/or property management software.
- Must be detail oriented and able to focus with frequent interruptions.
- Maintains confidence and protects operations of business by keeping information confidential.
- Demonstrated ability in managing, contracting, analysis and preparation of the renovating/contracting.
- Ability to operate in an open work area with moderate everyday noise.
- Ability to work from multiple locations.
- Ability to perform other duties as required.
The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- Ability to frequently, and sometimes for long periods of time, sit, stand, climb and descend stairs, walk, extend arms and hands forward and overhead, using fingers to grasp, and carry.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, or stoop on occasion.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
- Must have up-close and distance.
- Must be able to travel regularly within the region as required to perform the job functions.