Bowling Green, KY 42104
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintenance operations of asset, including organization of service requests, preventative maintenance program, personnel management, compliance with safety standards and customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Executive Director in the management of an excellent customer service program by adhering to Company Standards
- Manage a high quality maintenance team through implementation of effective recruitment, training, motivation and development programs
- Prioritize and assign service requests to maintenance team. Monitor daily completion of service requests and follow up on any outstanding items. Assist in the completion of service requests as necessary.
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features daily to minimize liability concerns and to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times
- Must possess basic knowledge of local and state codes for permitting, sign ordinances and pool regulations
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program that extends the life of the asset while minimizing future repairs.
- Identify and implement energy-saving measures that promote conservation
- Manage maintenance supply inventory while adhering to budget guidelines
- Maintain well-organized and properly stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety standards and OSHA guidelines
- Maintain hazard communications program; Teach and promote safe work practices
- Participate in quarterly unit inspections as required
- Assist residents with the move-in/ move-out process.
- Responsible for key control program
- Schedule and direct workers in performance of all maintenance/repairs related to TURN events within budgeted guidelines. Supervise all vendors and contractors throughout the TURN process
- Supervise maintenance team in preparing vacant units for marketing to include restoration and cleaning
- Direct workers in performance of scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals
- Address resident and employee concerns and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain accurate records at all times
- Assist with the general upkeep and cleaning of office, common areas and model as needed
- Work with Executive Director to maximize performance of property within budget guidelines
- Participate in on-call emergency rotation
- Direct workers in maintenance of all amenities to include clubhouse, fitness center and swimming pool
- Assist Executive Director with conducting performance appraisals for maintenance team
- Adhere to dress code requirements
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as required
- No specific level of education is required. High school diploma or equivalent preferred. For safety and productivity reasons, the position requires the ability to read and write English. In addition, the position requires the ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
- Must live within 30 miles of the assigned property.
- Maintenance Supervisors will spend 60 to 70 percent of their time performing hands-on repairs/maintenance work. The remaining time will be spent supervising the work of their associates and outside contractors and performing general management functions. Position requires ability to transport or move up to 50 pounds variable distances; the mobility and flexibility to use ladders to access heights in excess of eight to nine feet; the ability to work outdoors in temperatures exceeding 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit and the ability to personally perform general maintenance repair tasks without endangering themselves, residents or fellow employees. Position also requires frequent bending and/or stooping to access equipment and machinery necessary when assisting with or performing tasks.
- A valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own reliable vehicle to fulfill all of the job's functions
- EPA certification Type I and II
- Other licenses and certifications as required by local, state or federal law
- Basic hand tools (not provided by community)
- Position requires individuals to be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, hand tools, ladders, refrigerant recovery units, landscaping equipment, and required safety equipment
- All equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of themselves, fellow associates, and residents
- Appropriate safety equipment and apparel must be worn including proper footwear (work boots)
- Must be able to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
- Major appliances
- HVAC, including EPA Certification
- Intermediate plumbing
- Intermediate electrical (when no license required)
- General carpentry
- Pool care (if required by community)
- Roofs and gutters
- General irrigation maintenance and repairs
- Fountain maintenance and repairs
- Foundation/sidewalk repairs
- Ice/snow removal
- Golf carts and small engine maintenance
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisor or managers to perform other duties. Incumbents will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The Company has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the Company may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice (subject to applicable laws).