Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc.is an equity REIT in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing multifamily communities primarily in New England, the New York/New Jersey metro area, the Mid-Atlantic, the Pacific Northwest, Florida, Denver and Northern and Southern California. We currently own and operate approximately 85,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3000 associates. We are currently searching for an experienced PeopleSoft Developer to join our IT team at our Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia.
We are looking for a PeopleSoft Developer with a wide range of skills and interests. The individual will be responsible for capturing and translating business rules into PeopleSoft solutions. The individual will provide technical analysis on all aspects of PeopleSoft development.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborates with business partners, developers and support teams to define and understand both functional and technical requirements for PeopleSoft systems, Dell Boomi and Oracle HCM Compensation.
- Designs, develops and tests application changes to PeopleSoft systems to meet business needs.
- Must consider and account for integrations and system implications on current infrastructure, when designing solutions.
- Coordinates, documents and migrates project releases from development to test and production environments.
- Maintains version control and adheres to change control and software development methodologies including SOX compliance.
- Supports the IS team in providing technical expertise in troubleshooting and maintaining availability of application and its environments.
- Act as the PeopleSoft technical and support SME.
- Must be familiar with and stay current with PeopleSoft standards, concepts, and procedures.
- Must foster strong working relationship with cross-functional teams and ability to gain cooperation.
- Interact, support and work with the product managers, end users, management, and IS team.
- Available for after hours to support as needed.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Strong technical and some functional skills in the following modules and comparable version in PeopleSoft: In Financials 9.2: Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Asset Management, Project Costing, and Expense. In HRMS 9.2: HR, Payroll, Base Benefits, and Benefit Administration.
- Experience in change requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, customization, implementation, maintenance, and support of PeopleSoft systems.
- Supported year-end processing and applied changes related to fiscal, regulatory and service patches for both Financials and HR modules.
- Application Tools: Application Engine, PeopleCode, Workflow, BI Publisher, Process Scheduler, PIA, Data Mover, Change Assistant, PUM, Security Administration, nVision, Component Interface, SQR, Application Designer and Query Manager.
- Experience with SQL, MS SqlServer, and Oracle db.
- Experience using Windows client and server.
- Minimum of 6 years of technical development in PeopleSoft.
- Experience in a team dynamic and with various levels of organization and customers.
- Ability to read and write English and produce reports in clear and concise form. Strong verbal communication skills.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.