Assistant Property Manager
Mountain View, CA 94040
Position: Assistant Property Manager
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Scope: The Assistant Manager is expected to support the Property Manager within the performance guidelines set for the individual property. These include measurables such as recertifications, interviews, vacancy, make ready times, outstanding work orders / case management requests, delinquencies etc. These are measured weekly.
Experience: Prior property management experience, preferably with tax credit properties, a plus.
Ability: Must show ability to keep records, demonstrate supervisor qualities, and enjoy working with others.
Languages: Bilingual a plus.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: A minimum of one year experience in performing on-site property management and clerical duties as a Property Manager and/or Assistant Property Manager; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. TCAC experience highly preferred, HUD program knowledge is a plus. Must be able to show a valid California Driver's License.
Receives direct supervision from the Property Manager and may receive direction from higher level positions. Provides general supervision to the emergency contacts and may provide general supervision to lower level positions.
Essential Job Functions:
The following duties are normal for this position but are not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Takes direction from Property Manager
- Assists in, and conducts, initial and annual re-certification
- Service residents' complaints and requests
- Market vacancies
- Daily inspections of grounds and vacant units
- Process tenant applications (Credit, landlord, income and criminal background check)
- Maintain project files with daily filing in tenant, maintenance, vendor and project files.
- Annual inspection of units
- Scheduling of resident maintenance requests
- Enforces tenant rules and regulations
- Assists in Maintenance of property files in compliance with the affordable housing programs applicable to the properties
- Driving or ability to travel between different locations in Santa Clara County.
- Computer use.
- Sitting at desk for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift/move/carry up to and including 50 pounds.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
This position will remain open until it is filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
No relocation will be provided.