Santa Clara, CA 95050
POSITION: Property Manager, The Scattered Senior Housing properties (residential shared housing properties), The Veranda and Belovida Santa Clara Senior Housing
COMPENSATION: Competitive Salary + 2 bedroom Rent free apartment (subject to occupancy standards)
BENEFITS: Health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(k), paid sick, vacation, and Holidays.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Regional Manager
Charities Housing is committed to developing and managing affordable housing and strives to create developments that contribute positively to communities. Healthy communities start with people who care, who fulfill a vision, and who gladly perform meaningful services. That is what you will find in each and every affordable housing developed, owned, and managed by Charities Housing throughout Silicon Valley. We firmly believe our contributions are essential to the creation of healthy communities.
SCOPE: Manage and maintain 53 Senior Housing units at 11 various site locations throughout Santa Clara County (residential shared housing properties), The Veranda with 18 Senior housing units, and Belovida Santa Clara 27 senior housing units. Maintains property rentals by marketing and filling vacancies; negotiating and enforcing leases; conducting house meetings, maintaining and securing premises in accordance with SHS policies and procedures, Santa Clara County Housing Authority mandates, Charities Housing regulations, jurisdictional partners and HUD funding requirements.
Receives direct supervision from the Regional Manager and may receive direction from higher level positions. Provides general supervision to the Maintenance, Janitorial and emergency contacts and may provide general supervision to lower level positions.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. BA degree is desirable.
Experience: Must have prior property management experience with no less than 2 years at a tax credit property. A minimum of three years’ experience performing on-site property management and clerical duties as a Community Manager and/or Assistant Community Manager; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. TCAC experience required.
Ability: Must show ability to keep records, demonstrate supervisor qualities, and enjoy working with others.
Attitude: Must be self-motivated, cooperative, personable, and empathetic to human needs.
Organization: Must be well organized and have the ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities, ability to multi task, and deal with people and work in a fast-paced office environment.
Languages: English/Spanish Bilingual a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following duties are normal for this position but are not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates and negotiating with the Housing Authority to ensure subsidies represent market changes.
• Maintains and administers waiting list. Shows units to prospective tenants, answers tenant selection process questions and provides applicants with necessary materials for leasing.
• Administers and reviews criminal/credit background checks on all applicants, handles the process in accordance with legal requirements and determine eligibility of each applicant.
• Conducts initial and annual recertification for The Veranda, Belovida Santa Clara residents and the group of scattered senior homes.
• Processes all applications; forwards approved applicants to the Housing Authority for Project Based subsidized units (when applicable).
• Maintains physical tenant files in compliance with the affordable housing programs applicable to the property.
• Maintains software systems, namely Yardi up to date.
• Submits weekly and monthly operations reports to Regional Manager and corporate staff and Director of Property Management as requested or required.
• Conducts move in and move out inspections, prepares turnovers in a timely manner and document all activity in tenant file, communicate with Housing Authority (PBV units only) and all other parties involved on notices to vacate and when units are vacated.
• Works with our designated attorney on unlawful detainers (evictions) when applicable after notifying and receiving approval from the Regional Manager.
• Investigates and resolves tenant complaints by enforcing the lease agreement and house rules.
• Document lease violations and issue appropriate notice to tenants including but not limited to termination notices while always adhering to Fair Housing standards.
• Collects operational data, prepares reports for management and City jurisdictions, and meets with in house auditors and annual city staff auditors as required
• Collaborates with service providers in an effort retain and enhance the resident’s living experience.
• Establishes a timely rent collection process, bills late fees and servers proper rent or other legal notices to processes for eviction when needed
• Post rents into Yardi on a timely
• Maintains low to zero bad debt
• Maintains tenant ledgers up to date
• Processes rent changes when applicable on a timely manner.
• Participates in the preparation of the annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
• Conducts annual unit inspections
• Prepares work orders in Yardi, schedules the work, and closes work orders in the system upon work completion
• Ensures that work orders are addressed timely.
• Reviews and negotiates vendor proposals and contracts.
• Ensure that security and fire & safety devices are properly maintained and up-to-date.
• Ensures that all common areas of the properties are kept and maintained.
• Manages the preventative maintenance schedule and work for all sites.
• Driving or ability to travel between different locations in Santa Clara County.
• Computer and telephone use; sitting at desk for extended periods of time.
• The ability to lift/move/carry up to and including 50 pounds.
**Selected candidate will be required to live onsite.**
Looking to make an immediate hire. This position will remain open until it has been filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates, we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.