Lead Software Engineer
Chicago, IL 60601
We are currently searching for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Information Technology group in our Chicago corporate office. The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for the design, development and support of corporate software applications and integrations. These include web and mobile based applications, both external and internal facing, and internal reporting systems. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will also have a deep understanding and solid execution of end-to-end programming and you are eager to write APIs that deliver a great product. You will lead technical or architect requirement gathering sessions and drive the team to the best technical approach.
WHO YOU ARE
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear, articulate, and effective, demonstrating your ability to interact with and be understood by all levels and various teams across the organization.
- A Problem Solver. You are a creative thinker, with a solid understanding of object-oriented principles as well as database design.
- A Collaborator and Business Liaison. You are united with teammates and follow through on commitments, so you are known as a trusted business partner and someone your teammates can count on.
- Organized, Efficient, and Accountable. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work. You multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines consistently. Above all, you are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities of the business, including managing multiple projects at once.
- Passionate. Motivated. Eager to Learn. You are resourceful, ask smart questions, challenge the status quo, and regularly seek to understand.
- Design, develop and support innovative solutions to meet business needs, including the design and build of applications as well as providing feedback and suggestions to designers.
- Participate in standups, code and design reviews, including testing to ensure that the latest coding practices and industry/company standards are adhered to.
- Build and maintain application projects using Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code with Azure DevOps and Github.
- Work closely with a team of web developers, business systems analysts and occasionally stakeholders to determine the best tech solutions.
- Be confident in voicing opinions, challenging ideas, and engaging in healthy debate to ensure inefficiencies are identified and problems avoided.
- Share technical knowledge with peers to continue to grow as one team.
- Mentor and guide other members of the team, developing your coaching and managerial skills with the potential of assuming supervisory responsibilities in the future.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems required with at least 6 years of progressive experience in web development using a variety of web development technologies (detailed below).
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain application projects using Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code with Azure DevOps and Github.
- Mobile development using Xamarin, MRI Software toolkit, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Google Analytics is ideal, but not required.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented principles as well as database design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Proven experience in learning quickly, as well as demonstrating strong critical thinking / analysis abilities, customer focus, enthusiasm, listening skills, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Must have the ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to anticipate user requirements and identify and resolve complex problems; strong customer service skills.
- Good judgment and analytical skills; strong follow-up and organizational skills.
We recognize that everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique benefits options to employees, like pet insurance and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan