Maintenance Director for NEW Lease-up
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Camden Securities Company is seeking a passionate, experienced Maintenance Director for a brand-new luxury apartment building in North Hollywood, CA. The new mixed-used development consists of 297-units and a Wholefoods 365®. The Maintenance Director will be responsible for setting up the property, maintenancee shop, overseeing the maintenance team, conducting inspections, general repairs and maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the community, while providing 5-STAR quality service and promoting a positive living environment for all residents.
- STRONG Customer Service skills
- Experience as Maintenance Supervisor preferred
- 6+ years’ experience in multi-family residential apartment maintenance
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Ability to manage warranties
- HVAC, EPA universal certifications are a plus (+)
- Knowledge of safety procedures, local building codes and ordinances
- Must be able to lift 50 – 100lbs
- Lease-up experience a (+)
- Technology savvy (Tablet/PC), Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other operating/accounting systems
- English/Spanish bilingual
- AppFolio or Yardi experience is a plus (+)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid drivers’ license
- Uphold our promise of 5-star customer service
- Assist in hiring, training and managing maintenance staff and 3rd party contractors
- Establish a Community Standards Safety Policies & Procedure Manual
- Follow established policies and procedures and monitor compliance by maintenance team
- Prioritize and coordinate work orders; assign to team members for completion.
- Maintain the community grounds, amenities and common areas.
- Conduct routine inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns.
- Obtain bids, negotiate pricing with outside contractors
- Oversee “make-ready” process for tenant move-in/move-out, apartment inspections
- Maintain an adequate inventory of spare parts, maintenance materials and tools
- Operate efficiently within budget guidelines
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays as needed
- Manage and participate in a 24hr “on-call” schedule, ensuring full coverage at all times
- Passion for service, strong leadership, management ability and problem-solving skills
- Astute ability to coordinate and prioritize between urgent and routine matters in a fast-paced environment
- Dedication to meeting customer’s expectations and acts with customer in mind.
- Ability to interact with tenants, vendors, patrons, and Municipal Officials
Job-Type: Full Time
Candidate must pass a drug and background screening as a condition of employment. Camden Securities Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Start Date: September 3, 2019