Property Specialist I
Fresno, CA 93706
Fresno Housing is seeking a to fill a Property Specialist I position to performs a wide variety of tasks including conducting eligibility interviews, determining eligibility and rent, conducting formal orientations for eligible families, and explaining housing programs to residents. This position performs a key role in providing customer service and support to general property operations.
Example of duties:
- Processes applications and waiting lists for various housing assistance programs; verifies information provided by applicants; maintains records.
- Schedules and interviews current and prospective clients to determine eligibility for housing programs
- Schedules and conducts re-certifications.
- Answers incoming calls from the general public, and responds to inquiries regarding program information, the admissions process, application status, and rent payments.
- Refers resident concerns to management; checks and secures property offices and other facilities.
- Conducts home visits for residents who are physically unable to come in to the office; explains to residents the rules and their responsibilities.
- Participates in marketing efforts and events to maintain occupancy; assists with community events.
- Accepts, generates and closes work orders
- Collects and processes payments, and performs light bookkeeping, including posting data to appropriate accounts
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or possession of a certificate of equivalent High School Achievement (GED) and the equivalent of two (2) years of housing, social service or general office experience in a similar agency involving a high volume of public contact.