Emeryville, CA 94608
The Leasing Consultant under the supervision of the Property Manager, is responsible for leasing and pre-leasing apartments and implementing the community's marketing plan. The consultant will also review applications, prepare lease paperwork, review the lease of existing residents and assist in coordinating resident activities.
1. Education: High School graduated or equivalent.
2. Experience: Must be knowledgeable and comply with all Fair Housing and ADA laws and regulations.
3. Skills: The position requires the ability to deal well with people and have a desire to assist them. In addition, the position requires the following:
- Must display effective communication and organizational skills
- Must be very responsible
- Outgoing, empathetic, pleasant and prompt
- Self sufficient, and professional
- Receives and follows detailed instructions
- Good verbal skills
- Strong customer service presentation
- Ability to read and write English fluently
- Ability to close sales
4. Training: Generally, minimum training is required on current property management system and PC software programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook. Training level and competency level may vary due to the special needs of the property.
5. Attendance: Position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week.
a. Must be capable of operating standard office equipment such as computer, typewriter, calculator, copy and fax machines, etc.
b. Position requires the ability to enter data into a computer and generate printed reports.
1. Lease available apartments to prospective residents.
2. Prepares applications, monies due, and lease files for move"“ins.
3. Shows model and vacant apartment to potential residents.
4. Walk move-ins prior to move date.
5. Answer telephones, forward messages, log calls and traffic.
6. Checks applicants background for lease eligibility and forwards to on "“site manager.
7. Prepares various daily activity reports, such as rental and traffic reports.
8. Maintains files on current residents, past residents, renewals, monthly activity, move"“in and move"“outs.
9. Follows up on all visitors with either telephone calls or written correspondence.
10. Write accurate Service Orders Request for the maintenance department.
11. Type leases, warning notices, rental information, other correspondence.
12. Markets the property by contact with local business and community groups.
13. Inspect property on a continual basis for cleanliness while performing other duties. Picks up trash and debris as necessary.
14. Organize and attends social functions for property.
15. Performs clerical work such as data entry, word processing, typing, copying, faxing, filing, and delivering of notices, etc.
16. Prepares models in the morning for showing.
17. Follow establish policies and procedures regarding the qualifications screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.
18. Maintain company customer service standards
19. Participate in company training classes and meetings, as required.
20. Other duties:
- Support on site manager.
- Sells and markets property.
- Compiles information for newsletters.
- Performs all other duties assigned.
Essential Job Function:
1. May be required to lift and carry up to 40 pounds in various forms.
2. May be required to sit for extended periods while performing job functions, and accurately work with computer and other equipment.
3. Required to stand and/or be in continuous motion for extended periods while performing job functions and physical endurance.
4. Must be able to climb stairs on a regular basis throughout the day.
5. Must be capable of working under pressure, as well as organizing and planning efficiently.