Santa Barbara, CA 93101
PORTFOLIO MANAGER / MULTIFAMILY – SANTA BARBARA, CA
The Towbes Group is an award-winning, fully integrated property management, development and construction services firm with more than 60 years of experience on the central coast.
Since opening in 1956, the culture at Towbes Group has been one with an entrepreneurial spirit that consistently pushes the evolution of Building Vibrant Communities. As a result, here on the central coast of California, we define best in class apartment living experience and continue to be recognized and awarded for delivering exceptional customer experiences. We build homes, lifestyles, and opportunities for those who call a Towbes Group home, Home. Our other mission which propels us each day is to craft engaging work environments where our team members are engaged and empowered and where Team Work truly is a trademark.
If you’re looking for a pace perfect, mindful career that rewards innovation and best in class performance, along the stunning coast of California, this role is for you.
The Portfolio Manager has bottom-line responsibility for a multi-million dollar group of apartment communities on the central coast with the stated purpose of maximizing the value of the assets for the owner.
As a leader, the Portfolio Manager will drive performance by mentoring, coaching, motivating and modeling outstanding service and listening skills to a diverse team of professionals.
Additionally, the role requires extensive interaction with owners, executives and corporate team members advancing the goals of the organization. The role requires extensive knowledge of budgeting, capital projects, cost maintenance, income generation, personnel practices, landlord / tenant law and financial analysis.
What You Will Do:
- Identify community goals and objectives
- Partner with Community Managers on yearly operating budgets, sales/marketing efforts and staff development plans
- Implementation of effective cost control, revenue maximization, and delinquency management measures
- Effectively maximize rental and ancillary income
- Ensure all required weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports are completed accurately and promptly
- Train and motivate Associates to achieve leasing, service, and capital improvement goals
- Maintain product knowledge of the Towbes portfolio and that of major competitors
- Identify and implement new revenue streams
- Identify policies and procedures required to achieve community and ownership goals
- Participate in the hiring and training of all new team members in conjunction with the training manager and human resources
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- CPM or CAPS preferred
- 4+ years of experience as a Regional Manager or a Senior Business Manager
- BA in a related Business preferred
- Yardi CRM experience or similar software preferred
- Advanced budgeting and operations knowledge
- Comprehension of legal responsibilities of the properties
- Exceptional organizational skills, communication and attention to detail
- A self-starter with a proven track record of mentoring and modeling professional property management acumen to your teams
- Passion for property management
What You Will Receive:
- A great team!
- An extraordinary and innovative culture
- Professional and upbeat work environment
- True work life balance
- Attractive compensation
- Professional development reimbursement
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- A generous 401k program with company match
- Housing discounts
The Portfolio Manager will spend part of their day in office environments, analyzing documents and working with on-site teams to assess issues and determine strategies. You will be required to frequently travel among the residential communities for which you are responsible, meeting with staff and related parties to assure the physical integrity of the asset.
A clean DMV record, proof of vehicle insurance, background check and pre-employment drug test will also be required. If you are an enthusiastic property management professional, enjoy a team oriented environment, this may be the position for you!
The Towbes Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000 DOE. Eligible to participate in the bonus program.