Community Mgr - SH
Riverside, CA 92501
BE Valued. BE Rewarded. BE Fulfilled.
Join a team that is driven by excellence, integrity, passion and dedication. At Greystar, it is our goal to continually encourage our teams to go Beyond Expectations. As the global leader in multifamily real estate, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Community Manager to join our Active Adult team! Greystar’s Active Adult Division is the fastest growing and most rewarding career path within the organization providing ample opportunity for development and growth.
Job Description The Community Manager is a dynamic professional with the ability to motivate and lead a team. This position manages the day-to-day operations of the community, including oversight of the team members, creating annual budgets, business and marketing plans, providing thoughtful feedback on rents and the competitive market, planning and coordinating daily activities and ensuring resident satisfaction. As a Community Manager you will lead the property to achieve established goals and objectives while operating the building in compliance with multi-family operations governing bodies. Our ideal candidate has a passion for older adults and customer service.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What your day might look like
- Manage daily operations of the property to achieve established budgeted financial and operational goals and competent in variance reporting
- Drive the sales and marketing efforts to meet monthly leasing and move-in targets
- Control expenditures by staying within constraints of the approved budget including maintenance repairs
- Market research on competitors as well as providing input on pricing for apartment homes
- Represents the community and the company in the greater community including attendance at inside and outside events and activities and participates in outreach marketing efforts. Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Completing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of sales and financial performance
- Oversee the lease process by approving prospective resident applications, discounts, and renewals
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by building a strong community culture among and between residents and team members. Responds promptly to resident concerns, complaints, questions, and requests and takes appropriate action to resolve and address service issues
- Leads and motivates the property staff to ensure goals are met; this includes hiring, training and performance management
- Assist in managing the client/owner relationship by providing updates and reporting on the property’s performance and responding to owner requests as needed
- Previous property management experience is required, senior living experience is a plus
- Proven supervisory skills to hire, lead, direct, and evaluate team members
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Yardi/OneSite software
- Being financially savvy; previous experience in creating/adhering to budgets, fiscal reporting
- Excellent communication skills; ability to read, write and communicate effectively
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance
- Retirement savings with a 401(k) and company match
- Generous holiday & vacation package
- Opportunities for growth and advancement to Regional Sales Manager, Regional Operations Manager and much more.
Greystar™ is the global leader in multifamily real estate, offering expertise in property management, investment management, and development and construction of rental housing. Established in 1993, Greystar™ is the largest property management operator in the world. Its dedicated team members and a commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making Greystar™ one of the most respected and trusted real estate companies. EOE.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs