Petaluma, CA 94954
We are seeking a detailed oriented Maintenance Supervisor to oversee 100-150+ units in Sonoma County.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the day-to- day maintenance operations of an assigned community and ensures that the overall physical aspects of the community meet the Company's established standards and applicable laws. While this position may involve supervision of other team members, this position does require physical labor and not solely associate or contractor supervision. This team member is also responsible for quality control, purchasing and supply management, Risk Management, personnel and vendor managements, and remaining within guidelines of the operating budget. This position reports directly to the Community Manager. On call responsibilities required and salary range $45,000-50,000.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITES AND FUNCTIONS
Asset Management '“ Schedules, monitors, and physically performs preventative maintenance and apartment turnover. Leads on site maintenance team and participates in diagnosing problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural, and appliances. Manages and responds to resident maintenance issues and repairs by responding promptly and professionally. Inspects apartments before and after move in and move out, as well as after the apartment has been turned. Performs property inspections and repairs on a regular basis in order to maintain cleanliness and identify problems. Ensures swimming pool, fitness center, trash enclosures, office and lounge areas, laundry facilities, and all common areas are inspected daily and items needing attention are addressed promptly. Inspects buildings and grounds daily to ensure safety and cleanliness and alerts Maintenance team to items that need to be repaired, cleaned, or addressed in some manner.
Operations Management '“ Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the property, assists Property Manager with interviewing and hiring maintenance associates, directs and supervises daily activities of the maintenance team, such as planning and preparing work schedules, assigning tasks and delegating work, monitoring progress and work flow, reviewing work for timeliness and accuracy, and appraising work performance. Assists with the management of vendor selection and vendor relations so as to ensure quality on time performance. Obtains bids no less than on an annual basis for all turnover, contract service, and regularly used vendors to ensure competitive and 'best pricing' is received. Conducts pre move out inspections within 2 days of a notice to vacate received and schedules all turnover work in advance with turnovers completed in 1-5 business days and move out inspection forms
completed thoroughly and accurately and returned to the Property Manager within 1 day of move out. Adhere to preventative maintenance programs and other operations and management programs, including but not limited to, Asbestos, O&M, Moisture Management, Injury, Illness, and Prevention, and Lead O&M if applicable.
Capital Project Management '“ Obtains bids from outside contractors as well as oversees contractor work for completeness. Assist with the preparation of accurate Bid Analysis/Contract Request documents and manage projects as assigned through to completion providing accurate status updates as requested.
Legal Compliance '“ Ensure that all leasing and occupancy decisions comply with applicable laws, including those prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, medical condition, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender-related appearance or behavior, children, or any other form of discrimination prohibited by law. Provide identical and complete information to every person requesting information about the availability of apartments in your community. Provide an application to every person who requests one. Ensure that no representations are made that occupancy standards for any unit are fewer than two (2) people per bedroom.
General '“ Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, residents, and the general public. Perform duties in and efficient, professional, and courteous manner. Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Maintain professional personal appearance. Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
The above is not all inclusive of the responsibilities for this position and individuals will be required to perform additional duties and projects as assigned by the Property Manager, Portfolio Manager, Director of Property Management, CFO, and CEO.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Minimum of 2 years of property management maintenance, other building maintenance, or related trade is required
* Ability to perform carpentry, electrical, appliance, HVAC, and plumbing repairs
* Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English
* Must be able to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints and maintain the highest level of customer service
* Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms
* Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
* Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes
* On call maintenance for after hour/non business hour emergencies is required
* Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of safety equipment when appropriate
* Proficiency in Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and the Internet and the ability to adapt quickly to proprietary software is preferred
* Standing, walking, or sitting for extended periods of time
* Frequent climbing, reaching, and use of fingers
* Ability to lift and/or move in excess of 100 pounds
* Ability to use standard maintenance equipment
* Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communication with residents, supervisors, vendors/contractors, and subordinates.
* While performing these duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, to reach with arms, and to talk or hear.