Resident Apartment Community Manager
West Covina, CA 91792
The Apartment Community Manager, is directly responsible for all aspects of the resident community and services. This includes supervision of all team members to ensure efficient and profitable operation.
The responsibilities of the Apartment Community Manager are as follows:
- Provides leadership at the property and maintains assures that the environment of the property meets company standards.
- Projects a professional image in all aspects of work performance.
- Demonstrates good communication skills and helps ensure communication with residents, community, agencies, supervisors team members. Provides high level of customer service.
- Assigns responsibilities to individual team members as appropriate.
- Is on-call 24-hours a day. Is able to respond to any team member concern, maintenance condition, resident problem, breach of security, and/or emergency.
- Completes and processes incident reports, forwards and follow-ups as appropriate. Adheres to OSHA related regulations and observes all required health and safety requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates all aspects of the property's operations and makes changes with approval of Regional Manager.
- Implements a system to achieve and maintain budgeted occupancy.
- Markets and leases new and turnover residential units.
- Reviews lease, responsibilities and policies with resident at move-in, inspects unit with resident.
- Enables and maintains financial solvency by monitoring all property and maintenance expenses.
- Supervises and monitors vendors in compliance with company policy.
- Implements system for providing all necessary services to residents, including the immediate acknowledgement and prompt action to correct complaints.
- Creates and supervises the schedules of all personnel to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Conducts periodic and regular inspection of grounds and building(s).
- Challenges all team members to achieve higher levels of performance by establishing and communicating clear goals.
- Within budget, continuously oversees inventory of supplies and equipment in order to control expenditures, maintains and reconciles purchase orders and expenditures.
- Makes day-to-day decisions on all matters related to operations.
This position requires the employee to live on site. A minimum of three years recent experience as manager of at least 150 apartment units in the state of California is required. Must be knowledgeable of California Landlord/Tenant and Fair Housing laws. Must be familiar with Outlook, Word, Excel and Yardi software. Organizational abilities, people skills, and good written and verbal communication skills are required.