Temporary Part Time Customer Service and Sales Representative
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
This is a temporary part time position, ending in mid September.
Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community – employees and residents – striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Our Customer Service and Sales Representatives (CSSRs) are the heart of our Call Center, bringing people and apartment homes together. They are leaders in the art of connecting people to the right apartment homes, employing strengths in adaptability, creativity, and maintaining a breadth of portfolio knowledge to seamlessly bridge the gap between customers and communities all over the country. They are multitalented, personable individuals with a passion for building relationships. CSSRs are experts in developing rapport and inspiring trust over the phone, encouraging customers to make our communities their homes.
As a Customer Service and Sales Representative, you will receive inbound calls from apartment seekers all over the country, seeking to engage the callers in conversation while quickly building rapport and excitement through a high level of customer service. You will conduct customer needs assessments with your callers through active listening, answering questions regarding pricing, availability, location, amenities and the benefits of the communities. By helping prospective residents identify a community that meets their needs, you will be contributing to Equity Residential’s goal to ensure that each community achieves qualified traffic, maximizes its leasing potential, and achieves customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle appointments and personal interactions with teammates and residents smoothly.
- Creative. You are an idea person and like coming up with smart solutions to new challenges.
- Caring. You put yourself in others’ shoes and strive for positive outcomes.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting customers know that they matter.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Deliver uncompromising customer service that builds and maintains customer excitement, loyalty and promotes brand recognition and awareness.
- Provide information to prospective residents about communities that suit their needs, inviting clients to tour communities or process their applications directly over the phone.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with on-site property management teams.
- Accurately and efficiently document and track all calls, completing necessary related paperwork, reports, and files.
- Maintain an accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the communities, particularly in areas such as pricing and specials information, pet and other property policies, amenities at the property, schools and other local conveniences, etc.
- Support the overall marketing efforts and offer input and suggestions in regards to promotions, advertisements, etc.
- Prior sales and service experience in customer service and/or sales (call center, leasing, retail, banking, or other related fields)
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google, calendar management, software/database, and social media
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work any shift, Sunday-Saturday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Call Center and/or leasing experience
- College degree or coursework
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan